chapter 30

Enid
We were all standing around to the creek after breakfast to take pictures. Carl's standing behind me, hugging me from behind. He had his head resting on the top of my head, and his arms holding my belly securely. We watched as Judith ran around taking pictures of everyone while we just had small talk with one another.

"You look so pretty love." He softly strokes my belly with his thumb.

I lean my head back against his chest and neck, looking back at him.

"Thanks Cowboy. You look pretty cute yourself." I find myself grinning.

He chuckles and leans downs and presses a soft kiss on my lips.

"I think it's nice spending a day with our siblings and family. I wanted to talk to Judith later too." I nod and turn around in his embrace to face him.

He keeps his arms around me, resting them on the sides of my belly, and I place my hands on his neck and jaw, admiring his pretty features.

"What about?" He glances off in her direction.

"I just want to let her know that she won't be forgotten when the baby's around. That i'll still always be here for her." I smile when he meets my eyes again.

"You're such a good brother. That's how I know this baby is in good hands." He smiles back and leans his forehead against mine.

We sit there for a few minutes just enjoying the peaceful silence until we hear a snap and see a slight flash.

"Here you go! You look so cute!" Judith comes over and hands us the developing photo, before skipping away to take more pictures.

"Did my little sister just call us cute?" Carl's brow furrowed and he chuckles.

"Yep!" I pop the 'p' and chuckle.

"But to be fair, we are." I grin. He shakes his head before smiling back, kissing me again.

"I love you so much. You make me happy." His crystal blue eyes gaze into my own.

"I love you too. You make me so happy, it's actually really weird to think about!" I giggle. He chuckles and lays his forehead back against mine.

"Carl! Can you take a picture with me?" Judith hollers from her spot on the ground besides the creek. She had her socks and shoes besides her, and was dipping her small feet into the cool water.

"Of course!" He hollers back. He turns back to me, kissing my forehead.

"I'll be back soon." I nod.

"Here's your chance! Now go be a good big brother." I smile. He chuckles and nods before jogging over to Judith and sitting down besides her.

I watched them snap a picture and just sit there talking. I saw Judith smile and nod before hugging Carl. I smiled to myself watching him hug her back.

"So, three more months huh? How's it feel?" Carol comes up next to me with a smile.

"Surreal? If that makes any sense. I'm just really excited to meet her. I know that Carl is too." The wind starts to blow a bit, giving a nice slight breeze.

"You two are going to make amazing parents. I can already see it." I smile, looking down at my belly.

"There are a few things i'm nervous about though," Carol looked back up at me, her interest peaked.

"What's that?"

"The actual birth. I keep getting scared that something will go wrong. What is she dies? Or what if I die? Or worse- both of us. Carl would be so lost and blame himself." After what happened to his mom, everyone knows how weary Carl is about childbirth nowadays. If anything goes wrong, he will be absolutely destroyed. So will I.