chapter 43

Enid
As of yesterday, Hanna is officially five months old! My baby is getting so big and old! Her hair is getting so long now too! Her hair is starting to grow to the top of her shoulders, it's actually crazy. It's so pretty too! It's starting to curl now that she's a bit older, it's starting to look similar to Judith's curls, except a lot more wild and darker. My perfect little baby. I swear, she gets more and more beautiful each day.

"Mama!" She grins at me from her changing table. She hasn't said any other words from 'mama', 'dada', and 'boh'. She does repeat noises that we make when we talk to her though. Her favorite is 'Mmm' whenever she eats. She's able to hold her bottle in her own, and has even been learning to eat soft foods like baby food, applesauce, and anything else we feed her with a spoon (without getting it all over the place like before). I'm so proud of her. Carl too. He's such an amazing father. He does everything he can to take good care of her and to make her happy, and she adores him completely for it.

"Yes, my gorgeous baby?" I smile at her, tickling her stomach. I'd finally gotten get her dressed for the day, and i'd say she looks pretty adorable.

She's wearing a little white dress with ruffles at the top, and tiny pastel flowers outlined in black. She has a darker blush pink colored sweater overtop that I left unbuttoned, and a matching pair of little pink socks with ruffles on them. She looked too cute! I decided not to put shoes on her today since she can't walk anyways, and lately she's just been kicking them off.

"Mmm!" She pouts her little bottom lip out, and reaching for me, indicating that she's hungry.

"I know you're hungry, don't worry i'm gonna get you all fed." I scoop her up into my arms, resting her against my side on my hip like normal. As usual, she leans her head against my chest, and sucks on her hands.

I turn around to head downstairs and see Carl smiling at us, leaning on the doorframe. I walk over to him and he wraps his arms around my waist, pulling us up against him, and hugging my waist. I smile and look down to Hanna who was looking up at him with a huge grin.

"Say 'hi daddy!'" I pick up her little arm, making her wave at him and causing her to giggle.

"Hi Hanna Banana, how are you?" He smiles down at her. I love spending peaceful mornings like this with my family.

"Dada!" She claps her hands together and scrunches up her nose when she smiles. She's too cute!

He chuckles and smiles down at her. I hold her up, handing her off to him, which he gladly accepts, making her squeal and start blabbering. I lead them downstairs and into the kitchen where he takes a seat at the table, and I start to make breakfast for the both of us and a bottle for Hanna.

"Here ya go! You hungry little baby!" I smile to my daughter, handing her the bottle. Carl smiles and us both and I go back to bring over our food before sitting down besides him. Carl props Hanna up in his lap so that she's sitting on one of his legs and that he can still use one arm to eat.

I start to eat myself, making eye contacts with Hanna and smiling. She smiles up at me and her eyes light up, but she never pulls away from her bottle. I think it's adorable how she scrunches up her nose when she smiles and laughs.

"Is the diaper bag still packed from last weekend?" I ask Carl. Today we're going back to Alexandria for the today and tomorrow. We've been trying to make visits more frequent, and have been going every weekend.

"Yeah, I just put it in the car. We can leave start heading out when she's done eating." He smiles down at our daughter who was looking up at him while she sucked on her bottle in his lap. He tickled her tummy a bit, making her giggle, and me smile.