Chapter 51

Chapter 51

Suggested song:
Breaking Down by Ailee
Like a starlight by Lena Park

**
Scarlett

"Let me out!" I cried as I banged on the door until they hurt from being used against the hard surface of the door. "Please."

When I received no response, I stopped and gripped my hair to distract my head from taking a negative turn. I was locked in a dark room with no windows and no source of light. I tried all the switches in the room and none of them provided me light that I desperately needed.

"Mom!" I yelled as I tried to get her attention or anyone who could hear me. "Please, don't do this to me. I can't!"

I clawed my throat as my breathing got heavier with each seconds that passed. The air in the room suddenly seemed to have vacuumed, leaving with nothing to breath. The walls came closer and closer to me, threatening to trap me inside with no help. I was scared. Very scared that I won't be able to handle it. I can't stay in a close room, feeling trapped and no where to go. I could not digest the feeling of no freedom. My mind was playing tricks with me. This time I was really done for with no one to save me. Ethan wasn't here to pull me out of my misery this time. And I was not strong enough to live until he comes and removes me from my nightmare.

I curled myself on the ground and rocked back and forth with my hands gripping my hair and my eyes shut tightly, my breathing leaving in pants. The walls are squishing me, pushing harder against my back and chest. I won't survive this. My body shuddered in panic; it's temperature dropping until I felt pale and sweat coating my skin causing my hair to stick to my neck. I felt black spot dance in front of my closed eyes and I knew I would pass out any second without a knowledge that I would be able to wake up to see light again.

"Scarlett." A soft whisper called my name. My head snapped up to find the faint voice of Ethan. He was here.

With a bleary eyes, I zoned on the distinct figure of Ethan in front of me. It was a fraction of my imagination. The chemical reaction in my brain developed the person I needed the most right now and showed me Ethan. He was kneeled in front of me with concern eyes and frown marrying his forehead and mouth.

"What's wrong, love?" The voice of Ethan asked.

"I won't be able to make it." I sobbed as I watched him. Tears streaming down my eyes and rolling off my chin. "I'm not strong."

"That's not true. You are the strongest person I've ever met." He smiled.

"How can you say that!?" I cried, my hands leaving my hair and flailing around me in anger and disbelief. "Can't you see me? Look at me! I'm not strong. I'm falling deeper into my nightmare."

"From what I see, you are trying your best to survive. From what I see, you haven't given up. You think you are falling deeper, but I can see your mind and heart fighting and keeping you strong and afloat. I believe in you, my love. Do you remember what I taught you when you fall in such a situation?" Ethan asked, softly with a small smile on his face.

I paused, sniffing slightly as I tried to recall what he taught me. Tears had stopped falling from my eyes and there was only left over water stain on my cheeks which felt uncomfortable, but I tried to not pay much attention to it.

"You told me to place my hand on my heart and listen to my heart beat." I started and followed with the action. My heart was frantic against my hand as they beat faster into my chest as I recalled the now distinct memory.

"Sometimes, you don't know the situation you might end up in. Those situations won't always be pleasant and you may not have someone with you. You could be all alone fighting an unknown enemy. You are scared because you don't know where you would end up with the steps you take. What if you are locked in a room alone without any doors?-"