Chapter 42

Chapter 42

**

Ethan

"We need to talk."

These were my first words as soon as I walked into Will's office. Nate was present there as well since I had called him and asked him to meet me at Will's office.

"What's going on?" Will asked as he sat upright.

I told them everything that happened at the station, the talk with Riley, what he found and how we found Riley talking to someone on the phone.

Will and Nate shared a look before glancing back at me. "What do you plan to do now?" Nate asked.

"I plan on following Riley."

Will nodded slowly. "I plan on following Gwen and Ryan."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. I knew something was going on with them, but why now? Knowing about Riley and his mysterious caller was more important.

"We can confront them later." I began. "We need to find out what Riley is upto. He knows something. He knows the guys that beat Scarlett and yet isn't making any arrest." Will and Nate shared a look again, which annoyed me this time. "What the hell is going on?"

"Gwen and Ryan went to the apartment today." Will informed.

"How do you know?"

"Jack told me. I told him to keep an eye on them." Nate revealed. "You know Jack. When I asked him to keep an eye on them, he went out and did his own investigation. He found a folder of Gwen and that folder contained photos of Scarlett, three unknown guy with their information, Lizzy and one more guy, who I assume to be Lizzy's boyfriend."

"What?" I muttered in shock. "That means something bad is going on for them to go to the apartment with Scarlett and her case."

"We were just predicting if Gwen's stealing is related to Scarlett, but now we know. They are related." Will claimed with a sigh.

"That means along with Scarlett, Gwen and Ryan are in trouble." I revealed with dreadful realisation.

**

"What the hell are we doing!?" Scarlett exclaimed in hush tone as she hide behind the wall along with Nate. "Do you think this is a good idea? What if he sees us."

"He won't if you shut up!" Landon hissed at her as he peeked through the opposite wall.

"Come on, we are not kids anymore." Will muttered as he casually leaned against the wall, not afraid to be caught.

"Do you have any other idea?" I growled angrily in his direction.

"I told you we should have asked Jack to keep an eye on him like he did with Gwen and Ryan. I'm sure he must have figured something." Will pointed.

I took hold of his finger and twisted it back, making him yelp. "He is following Gwen."

Will glared at me while rubbing his sore finger. "I told you there was no need. She is going out with Ashton."

"Like that is going to stop her from doing whatever she is planning." I muttered as I watch Riley waiting for someone. He kept looking at his watch and his body yelled distress.

After discussing everything with Nate and Will about Riley, we decided to follow him while Jack, Gwen's bodyguard will follow Gwen and Ryan. After leaving the office, Will and Nate accompanied me to Scarlett's house to talk to her about the same.