Chapter 18

Chapter 18

**

Ethan

"Did you curse at us in Italian?" Max asked with a raised eyebrow as he looked over at Scarlett.

Scarlett did not reply as she stood frozen in her steps, staring wide eyes at us. My lips were curled in a smirk as I continued to hold her stare.

"No, brother." I said in amusement as I hold her stare with mine. "It means 'bloody hell'."

"So basically, she did curse." Will said. He looked around the restaurant and said, "Is this the kind of staff we hire?"

That snapped Scarlett out of her world as she looked at Will with an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry for my language. I was just startled to see you all again."

"Ah!" Mom said as she looked at Scarlett up and down, clearly judging her clothing style. "So you are the Scarlett."

Scarlett narrowed her eyes at my Mom. I knew she did not like the way Mom was assessing her. I could already feel the fire ready to be spat out from her mouth. "Excuse me. I don't understand what you mean?"

"Don't worry about my wife, dear. She could get too excited when she wants." Dad replied, grinning at Scarlett, probably scaring her.

At first, I was reluctant for my family to come here as soon as they figured who Scarlett was and I even tried to cancel the plan I made, but it was nearly impossible because of Will, Nate and Mom. They insisted on coming and basically dragged me here. But when I saw Scarlett as soon as I entered, I changed my mind and thought that maybe this wasn't going to be all that bad.

Scarlett nodded as she eyed my Mom cautiously before glancing around the table and removing a note pad. "What can I get you for drinks?"

"Get your most expensive champagne for the adults and some soft drinks for the children." Dad ordered. Few groans of complains was heard around the table causing me to chuckle. 

"We can have champagne too." Max complained while Gwen and Ryan nodded in agreement.

"You are not an adult yet." I smirked at them while they glared at me. 

"I'll get your drinks right away." Scarlett said, giving us a small smile and speedily walking away. I chuckled lowly as I watch her go. 

"She seems perfect for Ethan." Mom commented, looking at the way Scarlett went.

I rolled my eyes at her. "I am not interested in her."

"Then, why did you want to have dinner at this restaurant?" Dad asked.

"I did not have any particular reason. I just thought that it has been a while since we have gone out for family dinner so I suggested it." I defended.

"And I told you, we just had a family dinner last week." Dad said, propping his arms on the table and resting his face in his hands.

"Just admit it that you wanted to see Scarlett." Will said with a smirk and turned to our parents. "Do you want to know how they met?"

"Can I tell?" Max said, excitedly. 

I groaned as Dad nodded and Max began telling them the first time we met that was at the cafe.

Since he was sitting next to me, I kicked him under the table as I saw Scarlett approaching us with a tray in hand that contained our drinks and a bottle of champagne. She placed the soft drink in front of Max, Ryan and Gwen who were grumbling under their breath. She placed the container which had the champagne bottle covered in ice on the table among the adults before keeping her tray aside and picking the bottle.