Chapter 50

Chapter 50

**

Ethan

"Did you find anything?" Nate asked the guy who sat behind the laptop, his fingers continuously working on the keyboard and his spectacles sliding down his nose every 5 seconds of being pushed up.

"No. The station located near Ms. Conway's house is sending us the remaining of the information, but they say it contains nothing out of ordinary." The guy replied.

After instructing those who were present at Scarlett's house, everyone got to work. As asked, Riley had send some of his trackers to our house while he grilled the 3 guys who had beaten Scarlett. The whole house buzzed as everyone tried their best to find any source we can on Scarlett or her mother or Harrison – anyone. Lizzy was with my mom, Sophia and Mary-Ann as Blake checked on her if she was hurt anywhere.

I ran a through my hair as I stood behind Eric who was hacking the street cctv cameras. Gwen was on a call with airport officials to find out if there has been any flights out of London or has been scheduled with Scarlett's or her mother's name or if there has been any sudden booking to Italy. While Dad was on a call with his partners in Italy who could help us find all the information that is needed on Ada, Scarlett's mother. It's been few hours and we were getting nowhere.

"Amber, catch hold on that virus I've send you and hack the cameras where the van leads to from outside Scarlett's house." Eric quickly instructed and Amber followed his lead. Typing something quickly, she snapped her head to the laptop and a picture popped up.

"Here!" She called out, pointing her finger on the picture. "I see it. It's heading to Street 234."

"I'm following it." Eric replied and quickly typed on his keyboard. He asked another guy who was send by the police to follow through the next place while Amber worked on other camera.

Suddenly after few minutes, Eric cursed out loud. "Shit! They had gone through a blind spot." He said, running a hand through his face in frustration. "They could have changed their cars during this blind spot."

"Bloody hell!" I yelled, kicking the chair near me, emitting a loud bang noise as it went flying.

Two firm hands grabbed my shoulder, stopping me from kicking something else. "Ethan, get hold of yourself." Landon demanded. "This is not going to help."

"What will help!? They have her and we don't know what they want from her! It's already been three hours and nothing!" I yelled, yanking myself from his hold and stomping upstairs to my room away from everyone else.

I pushed the door open and sat on the bed with head in my hands. I gripped my hair and closed my eyes tightly.

Where are you, Scarlett?

Tears gathered in my eyes as I feared of what they might do to her. I can barely get her bruised body out of my head and if something like that happened again, I would never be able to forgive myself. I promised to stay with her always, keeping her safe, loving her and most importantly – protecting her. I was worthless. I could not protect my sister years ago and then failed again when Black came into our lives, and now I was unable to protect Scarlett. How could I be so stupid to let her go alone when I knew threat was hanging over our heads, when all the red flags went flying in my head as soon as she received a message from Lizzy. I should have been more alert and maybe this would not have happened.

I exhaled loudly and lifted my head to the side to stare at the bed where once Scarlett had resided. I remember how peacefully she slept without a worry. I remember her crying on the floor trying to fight the fear of darkness and claustrophobia. Her smile when she brought me breakfast in bed, her stomping around the room when we fought, her laugher when I tickled her and our night together after the date where I peeled the dress of her body and kissed every pain, every bruise away and lead us to our pleasurable release.