Chapter 33

Chapter 33

**

Scarlett

The morning after the confrontation with Hazel and a trip to the station, everything went peacefully and uneventfully. There was no sign of any storm brewing inside apart from my subtle glances passed on to Lizzy, who was oblivious to anything happening around as she hummed under her breath while making coffee. There was no fear of getting caught or grumpiness of a failed plan. That made my stand stronger that she is not involved in anything.

Though, there was no storm brewing inside my house, there was a storm out there. I just didn't guess that it would be at Ethan's house.

It wasn't until I was at work that I came to know about the apparent storm that came and passed by with a promise of much stronger one the next time.

I was busy cleaning a room after a guest when Tia entered with an excited smile on her face. I raised both my eyebrows at her hyper self and waited for her to tell me the news.  

"Guess what?" She spoke with enthusiasm.

"What?" I asked warily, though kept a small smile on my face to show her that I am amused with her.

"Guess!" She said in duh tone.

"I don't know," I paused as I tapped my chin. "Did Harry finally ask you out?"

The woman has been crushing on Harry since the day she started working here and it's been a long time.

"I wish." She said with a dreamy sigh, but then shook her head to pause that thought. "But that's not it. There is someone here to meet you."

"Who?" I asked and then fake gasped. "Benedict Cumberbatch?"

"You fancy Dr. Strange?" She gave me a bewildered look at the end of her question.

"Yeah." I trailed off.

"Huh?" She muttered. A frown took over her face as she stared into a distance in deep thoughts. "He is strange."

I gave her a flat look at that. Changing the subject as she ruined the fun for me, I asked, "Who is here to see me?"

"Oh, right," she mumbled, quite dumbly before returning to her cheery self. "The Wilson brothers are here."

I dropped my spraying supplier as soon as the words left her mouth. Wilson brothers as in plural? I can understand Ethan paying me a visit, but to think he would invite his brothers as well. Or did he tell them everything that has happened to me so far?

I composed myself as I realised that I was slightly panicking inside without a reason. "I shall see them now."

"You should!" Tia exclaimed and literally pushed me out of the door. I would have laughed if I wasn't so worried and nervous.

I took my time in meeting them as I thought about all the possibilities of the other brother being here. The only valid one that I could think of is that Ethan told them what happened and now they are here to warn me to stay away from them by giving me money. Seems reasonable, I guess.

But again, Ethan would never do that so my thinking is flawed and I blame my built up anxiety for that.

I reached the lobby and saw Ethan along with Nathan waiting for me. It seems as they were engaged in a serious conversation as none of them held a smile or an easy look. They were serious. Very serious. That could mean that whatever they are here for, is bad news.

I walked over to them and cleared my throat to gain their attention. I looked at Nathan and Ethan, my gaze lingering longer on Ethan. Both of them gave me grave look before looking at each other.