Chapter 23

Chapter 23

**

Scarlett

Imagine my shock from when I closed my eyes at the view of my bedroom ceiling to open my eyes to look into a pair of wide excited eyes. I literally had an attack when I realised that the pair of eyes did not belong to Lizzy, but a familiar stranger.

It was difficult for me to sit up knowing that there were other different pairs of eyes, eyeing my movements. Though, it wasn't hard to recognise the familiar strangers around me. They were the Wilson siblings.

"How are you feeling?" William, who was standing beside the bed, asked. 

"A little shock to be here, but health wise better." I answered as I looked around for a certain idiot who brought me here without my permission. I need to teach him some manners about asking people before doing anything.

"Ethan will be here soon." He spoke, noticing my hunt for Ethan around the room.

Not sooner did he say that, than the door to the room opened and walked in a woman along with Ethan, who was holding a tray in his hands.

"Ah! I see the patient is awake." Ethan said, over-enthusiastically as he kept the tray beside my bed.

"We'll leave you guys alone. Call me if you need me." William said to Ethan who nodded while the rest of them– one woman and one girl along with William and one guy– left the room.

As soon as the door closed behind them, I turned to Ethan ready to give him a piece of my mind, but he stopped me. "Don't shout at me."

I gave him a look of disbelief. "Why wouldn't I? You brought me here against my will!"

"Look, you are not well right now. I made you soup. Drink this and we will talk." Ethan said. I huffed and looked away. Who the hell does he think he is? "Scarlett, I will force the soup down your throat if you don't drink."

"Bite me." I challenged and crossed my arms.

"Don't tell me I didn't warn you." He mumbled.

I watch him get close to me with narrow eyes. He sat directly in front of me and grabbed my hands. I resisted, but he was strong. "Ethan, what are you doing?"

"Making you drink the soup." He said as he kept a firm hold on both my wrist and pulled at his tie which was lying beside the bed. My mouth hung open and I tried harder to pull my hands away from his.

"Ethan, stop it!" I struggled, but he had successfully tied my wrist with the tie and tucked them on his lap and kept a firm hand on it, all this while I watched with my mouth open.

"Now, drink the soup and I'll let you go." He said and brought the tray and kept it beside him on the bed and filled the spoon with the soup and brought it closer to my mouth. At first, I refused to part my lips, but Ethan was successful in stuffing the spoon in my mouth. I have to say, the soup was delicious; whoever made it was one hell of a chef. 

Once the liquid slides from my mouth to my stomach, a sigh of relief leaves my mouth. I didn't know I was so hungry until now. The hot soup tasted a lot better and now I wasn't resisting either as Ethan fed me. He was taking care of me, so I'll be mad at him later.

The bowl was soon empty contrary to my stomach which felt full. I drank a glass of water and settled myself back against his bed in a comfortable position before turning my attention to him. Ethan placed the tray at the nightstand and turned to face me.

"I know you have questions. Ask away." He said with an easy smile and began untying my hands.

"How did you save me?" I questioned, rubbing my free wrist.