Chapter 38

Chapter 38

**

Ethan

"You think she'll like it?" I asked, rubbing my hands together in nervousness.

"Dude, she is going to love it." Landon jested, patting my back.

I breathe out as I look at the ground being decorated. The ground is situated in front of the house, just a little far away from the statue placed in the middle in front of the house. The ground was freshly lawned by the gardener everyday because Max and his friends play football here.

I had decided on a small part of the ground and with help of my family and Landon, I changed it from just a football ground to something which resembles closely to a date place.

I had ordered my family to keep this a secret from Scarlett as I wanted to surprise her and they happily obligated. The girls kept Scarlett busy with movies while the guys helped me set this up. Now, by the time, Scarlett gets ready, the set up will be ready as well.

"Go change yourself," Max said, pushing me towards the house. "It will be done by the time you come."

I nodded and patted his shoulder and quickly jogged back to the house to get ready. On my way, I met Will, who from the looks looked like he was coming to meet me.

"I had a word with Nate and we think you are correct. Gwen and Ryan are in trouble. Nate heard them talking to Amber and Eric over the call. He couldn't hear them because they were far away but he heard bits and pieces. They said they found them and wanted to give the money to someone to save someone's life. That's all he could hear." Will elucidated.

I paused in my steps and turned to him, sighing. I rubbed my forehead and bit my lips. They found them? Is this 'them' the guys that were after Scarlett because if that's the case, Gwen shouldn't hide that from me. Also, they wanted money to save someone's life? Could there be a possibility of these two events to be connected? Because that's the only conclusion I could come up with. To save someone's life? Who? How would a bunch of teenagers save someone's life by giving money?

"Did they find those guys? And, if yes, why would they hide such an important information from us?" I questioned my thoughts to him.

"I sense they are in big trouble than they let on. I don't think they realised the situation just yet." Will replied. He grunted in frustration and ran a hand through his hair. "I didn't know that younger siblings cause this much trouble. Had I known, I would have requested Mom and Dad to use a condom."

My face scrunched up in disgust on hearing his words. "Please don't utter words like this. They are our parents too and, knowingly or unknowingly, I don't want to have that picture in my mind. They disturb my mental well-being."

Will nodded in agreement and gave me an apologetic smile. "My apologies. But we need to do something about it."

"Yes-"

"Ethan, what are you still doing here?" I heard Max say from behind me. "Do you want to keep Scarlett waiting?"

"Right, I forgot about your plan." Will muttered. "You enjoy your time, brother. Nate and I will look into it."

"Okay. Let me know if there is anything I can do and keep me updated." I alluded before heading upstairs to change.

I have to make this night a memorable one for us. The storm is yet to come and before it dies and ruins everything, I want something good to come out of it, that would be our happy memories. Amongst the chaos, I want Scarlett to not lose hope and be grounded. She has faced– and will face– a lot of obstacles and been hurt a multiple times. The person wanting to hurt her could be in the process of planning his next move. Scarlett should get some relief before she faces the situation; she won't be alone.