Chapter 37

Chapter 37

**

Scarlett

Just as promised to Leslie, I was watching a rom-com with her, Gwen and Sophia. The boys disappeared as soon as the movie started, claiming that they are too manly to watch a romantic movie. I wanted to go with them as I was the least fan of any romantic movie, but I couldn't as I had promised to watch a movie with them. I had texted Lizzy and gave a brief explanation of the happenings and told her that I would not be home for few days. Ethan made it pretty adamant that I was not leaving until I'm all good as new.

The movie proceeded for next half an hour before Gwen groaned and stood up. She paused the tv and we all looked at her.

"Are we really going to watch it?" She asked, pointing to the big screen.

"I'm glad you stopped it. It was torturous to watch the female protagonist's best friend awing at all fucking times. I mean, yeah that shit is romantic but stop making noises, you are ruining it for me." Leslie grumbled.

My mouth fell open at their reaction. I thought they were enjoying it as they insisted pretty hard on watching it when the guys argued about the movie choice.

I glanced at Sophia who nodded at me, seemingly understanding my thought line. She gave a sympathetic pat on my back before turning to the younger girls.

"Why did you insist on watching it then?" I could not stop myself from voicing my thought.

"So the boys would leave." Gwen shrugged and sat back on her seat. "They get pretty aggressive when I put on any action film. It's more their voice I hear than the actual actors."

"True." Sophia nodded.

"Oh." I muttered, quite dumbly.

"You want to watch something else. Any preference?" Gwen asked everyone around the room as she scrolled through the movies online. Their house had a fucking theatre room with big TV. I thought that was just a scam that people say riches have at their house. It is real.

"I would suggest talking to Scarlett about Ethan–" Gwen and Leslie opened their mouth, to probably complain or encourage, I wouldn't know, but Sophia didn't give them that chance. "But I realised that you both are his sister and don't want to hear about their romantic life so I'll just do that with Marisa, alone."

"Marisa is the one who was with you when you saved me?" I asked, faintly remembering another woman there with Sophia.

"Yes. She is my best friend." Sophia replied. "And just so you know, you did all the saving. You are very strong and admirable. I'm not half of what you are."

"You're just being nice." I muttered, my cheeks flushing on being compliment such highly. "Why don't I see her around. If she is so close to you, she must be a regular visitor here since you stay here?"

The girls shared a look before focusing on me. "I do stay here. And things are complicated between Marisa and....Nate."

I raised my eyes at that, not expecting to hear this. I'm not really as surprised either. Nathan is intimidating. He was scary when I met him in Italy, but obviously, his behaviour meant nothing to me as I was not interested in Ethan, but now, it's different. Now, I am interested in Ethan, so naturally, his family's behaviour matters to me.

"Oh." I muttered in understanding.

"Alright," Leslie spoke, breaking the awkward thinking around the room. "How about some action movie where guys display their body to us?"

"How about Magic Mike instead?" Sophia suggested with a smirk.

I shared sly looks with the others and we nodded our head with big grins on our face. "Let's watch guys strip!"