Chapter 7

Chapter 7

**

Scarlett

I walked away from Ethan, leaving him standing dumbfounded, and searched through the crowd for Lizzy. She left me saying that she was getting drinks for us after drowning few cups and still haven't been back. I was more than dizzy as I looked all over the party for her. I tried to call her, but the calls went directly to her voicemail. After looking for her in the crowd, I came to a conclusion that she left, with or without a boy. I decided to leave too and crash at the hotel only since I was in no state to walk around this late to my apartment. Hopefully, I get a spare room to crash into. With that, I made my way back to the hotel.

Coming to this party was a mistake. I should have listened to my inner self when it screamed danger to me and raised a red flag when Lizzy brought up the idea. I was in the middle of changing my clothes when Lizzy barged in to tell me about this party and practically forced me to join her. Not wanting to leave my friend alone, I accompanied her only to find Ethan sitting amongst a group of women with one woman on his lap as they kissed. It brought back the memory where he kissed me in his room. I was seething fire when he left the room after kissing me as if what happened wasn't a big deal. How dare he kiss me without my permission? And if that wasn't enough, he thought I would kiss him again after watching him suck face with someone else. What a dick!

I sighed in relief when I reached the hotel without anyone stopping me, not that there was anyone to stop me. I made a beeline towards the manager's office and found Sergio, the manager who is on the night duty, sitting behind his desk. 

"Scarlett?" He called in confusion as he got up from his seat. "What are you doing here? Your shifted ended an hour ago."

"I know. I got dragged into the beach party." I said and ran a hand through my hair. "I can't go back home this late so I was wondering if I could get a spare room to crash tonight."

I watch his expression turn into grim, giving me the answer I wasn't looking for. "I am sorry, Scarlett. You know I can't allow any staff member to use a room for their personal matter."

"I know, but I've had few drinks and it is not safe for me to go alone." I tried to reason with him. 

"I understand and I would never ask you to go alone, but I cannot give you a room to stay in." He said, apologetically. I nodded as my eyes closed in tiredness. I was fucked! "There is one way I can help you if you are okay with it?"

"What is it?" I asked, taking any possibility I can get. 

"You can rest in the woman's staff room. No one will enter apart from the staff and you will be safe." He suggested. 

I nodded at his idea. This was the only way for me and he was right, it would be safe for me as well since no one is allowed back there. "I'll stay there. Thank you."

He smiled at me as I walked out of his office and in the staff room. This would be the first time, I would be sleeping somewhere that isn't my house. Usually when Lizzy doesn't come to work and takes a sick leave, I leave a little early to catch a bus that will take me home and there has never been a situation where I am left alone stranded like this one. I was going to kill Lizzy for this. 

I propped down on the uncomfortable seat and closed my eyes as they were begging me to close them. Just when I was about to drift off, the door to the room slammed opened. I sat up in a startle and looked at the intruder to find Ethan standing in the doorway. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked him as I rubbed my sleepy eyes.

"Looking for you." He said and strolled in. He placed a hand behind my head and under my legs and swiftly picked me up.