Chapter 24

Chapter 24

**

Ethan

The persistent knock on the office door made me growl in irritation. Harriet knew that the one thing I hate the most in the world is the continuous knocking on the door and yet she allowed the imbecile person to do that. I need to do some serious intervention with her ways of working.

The sound did not stop and continued to hammer irritation in my brain that I had to get up and yank the door open. The sight in front of me did no justice to my headache other than increase it.

Since morning, I've felt the anger and irritation crawling throw my stomach and chest making me want to throw something or break something. I was fine till I was sleeping, but after the phone call I got from the man standing in front of me, my mood was off.

After telling Scarlett about the person who called, she replied with nothing just nodded her head. I thought that would be it, but no, Scarlett wanted to leave then. She argued that she was fine and that she didn't feel comfortable staying here anymore and went on a whole new level of ranting about how I should not have brought her here without her permission and that she has some rights of her own and blah blah. I was really irritated at that point. Not too long after that, I dropped her off to her house and came back home to shower and leave for work. I thought my anger would subside, but I guess not.

"What do you want?" I said, a little more harshly than needed.

"Woah!" The person exclaimed. "What crawled up your ass and died?"

I mustered my best angry glare I could and threw it in Landon's direction. "I'm fine." I forced out.

"Sure. If anything, it looks like you'll choke on your fake smile." He answered without a care in the world.

Landon Wright was a brown hair and brown eye man with a massive size ego that would put a shame to the largest Ocean of the world; Pacific Ocean. To boost his ego even further, he was blessed with handsome face which was slightly tan due to the amount of time he has spend on beaches he travelled to. His lips were always pulled in a smirk and his brown eyes would wink any chance they got. The messy brown curls enhanced his look even further. His built body– curtsy to his daily workout– attracted tons of attention to him which he, unsurprisingly, soaked until he couldn't anymore by being modest. The worst was that he knew this and used this to his advantage.

Landon and I were similar which was the sole reason we were such good friends. We met in college by accident since we were both studying completely different courses. While I was studying Business, he was studying Performing Art. We were going for the same girl who also went back and forth between us, unable to decide who she wanted. I had obviously won that fight since I already had money while Landon was still struggling his ways to theatre and movies.

In the end, I decided that the girl was not worth it and by bidding her goodbye, I found an amazing friend in return. Now, without any help, Landon was one of the famous actor around the world. I would undoubtedly agree that he has talent in what he does so his ego, automatically, adjusts to his talent.

Under any circumstances, I would have been happy to see him, but due to his early call and his persistent knocks, I was in an awful mood. I scoffed at him and went back to my chair while he entered, closing the door behind him. "How did your movie shooting go?"

"It went well. My co-actress was certainly an eye-catch. Though, she would refuse all my moves on her. I even tried friendship with her, but that didn't work out either. She just seems to hate me too much." He informed with an unusual frown on his face. Landon was all smirks and not frown.