Chapter 17

Chapter 17

**

Scarlett

I was beyond shock when I received the mail from Antonio with my transfer to London. Once the initial shock wore off, my blood began to boil as I remembered what Hazel said to me. 

"Distance is not going to stop Ethan from getting what he wants and apparently, he wants you."

This had to be done by Ethan because other than him, there was no one who would transfer me to London of all the places. I wanted to give a piece of my mind to him and I thought about calling him but then I remembered that my phone was broken. Great. What a timing. 

I refused the offer on various reasons but that was shunned down without another thought by Antonio. They made arrangements for Lizzy to move with me. She was happy, but I wasn't. I fought harder to avoid this transfer, but found myself on the flight to London. 

When I was on the flight, my mind drifted to my parents. I was reluctant to leave at first because somewhere in my heart I did not want to leave my parents alone. Before deciding anything, I left to meet them. I wasn't surprised to see them fighting. 

**

I bit my lips as I stood outside my door, contemplating whether I should ring the doorbell. I was nervous. It's been a while since I left my parent's house and never met them or went back. Lot of questions popped in my mind. What if they don't want to see me? What if they were happy to see me gone? I was scared to face them. 

I stopped outside my house door and stared at my small one storey house. I lifted my hand to knock on the door, but stopped when I heard the sound of shattering glass coming from inside along with the yells of my father followed by my mother. 

My hands fell to my side into a fist as I heard them continue to yell at each other. What did I expect? For them to magically solve their problems and tell me how sorry they are for all those years of fighting and shouting?

Is this what love is? Because if it is, then I want nothing to do with it. I can't keep fighting with the person I love. I can't ruin the relationship for small trivial matters that don't even matter. Maybe, staying away from love is a better option for me.

**

From that day, I decided that I will live for myself and do things for myself and not worry about anything, especially not love. I will enjoy by not falling in love. 

I left for London and began a new life for myself. As soon as we– Lizzy and I– arrived, we first went to the hotel we would be working. The hotel was just as big as it was in Italy. It was marvelous and beautiful. I feel in love with it as soon as I entered. My eyes stayed on the beautiful decoration and style with what it was designed and built. I knew I would love working here already. 

Since the city was new with no place to stay, the manager of the hotel gave us a spare room where Lizzy and I would stay temporary until we find a place of our own. We were planning on staying together as it would save cost. London is an expensive place to stay. Lizzy had sold her car which she owned in Italy and thought of using that money for our first deposit here. I was against it and fought on the fact that we would contribute equally. Let's just say that we never came on a conclusion. We decided to leave that discussion for another day and right now, just enjoy our stay in London.

Since our transfer was random on a week day, we were given off the rest of the week and were asked to begin from next week and just adjust to this lifestyle. We used that vacation and roamed around London and visited all the places that google told was a tourist spot. Since it was my first time in London, I was beyond excited. I couldn't stop clicking pictures and smiling. My cheeks hurt with how much I smiled and laughed. I smiled as I took a picture with London Eye behind me. I was happy and wondered why I didn't move here before.