Chapter 47

Chapter 47

**

Scarlett

"I want to see my lawyer!" I heard the voice shriek as soon as I came into the vicinity of the small room that covered the interrogation room with a thin glass that allowed the person standing in this room to see and hear everything on the other side, but the same privilege wasn't provided in that room.

Hazel was standing with her hands down on the table as she yelled at the guard near the door who ignored her time and time she yelled.

After all the information I received from the youngest siblings, I didn't know what to think. It was too much to grasp it in reality. The one thing that relieved me was the fact that Lizzy was in clear now. I knew she would never do something like that to me. We've been best friends ever since I remembered and it takes a hell lot of hatred to stab someone behind their back with or without a reason. That still didn't give me any clarity on why Hazel would want to hurt me either.

My thoughts were broken when the door on the other side opened and walked in Riley. He sat in front of a pacing Hazel with a calm expression. "Why don't you sit down and we can begin?"

"I want my bloody lawyer!" She repeated with a snarl. "You've kept me waiting for 2 hours and refuse me to make a call which is mandatory."

"I'll let you make a call, but you have to answer few of my questions." Riley baited.

"I am not going to talk until I see my lawyer." Hazel stayed persistent.

"If you don't co-operate, we have other ways to make you talk." Riley threatened which caused Hazel to stiffen.

I bit my lips, uncertain about this whole thing. Treating Hazel this way just didn't feel right to me. After hearing the story from Lizzy about their past, I learnt that Hazel can be petty and would go to ends meet to ruin a person's life, but at the same time, she would maintain the humanity because she doesn't enjoy doing that. And the only reason she would actually go to this measure was if someone wrongs her and as far as I remember, I have done nothing for her to leave the dogs behind me.

A warm hand grasped mine, snapping me out of my revive. I looked down at the joint hand before snapping them to their owner. A reassuring smile greeted me in return, calming me a little. I leaned a little towards Ethan to feel the warmth and support that has been radiating off him.

Other than Ethan, the room consist of Nate, William and Landon. The rest of the siblings did not come with us on William's order and also because they wanted to find those three guys that came onto me that night. Inspite of telling them to stop now, they insisted that something still feels off and that they are missing a big picture. So, they stayed back while we came to know the truth from Hazel.

I concentrated on the questions that Riley was throwing at Hazel. Along with a series of questions that I missed and Hazel's backlash on each of them, she paused when my name was mixed into one of the questions. "Why did you want to hurt Scarlett?"

"What?" Her voice tuned down to much small and tighter tone. "What the fuck are you talking about?"

This confused me because she held the same confuse expression on her face. Either she is a very good actress or she actually doesn't know about this.

"She took a dress from you, remember?" Riley asked.

"Yeah, so?"

"You must know what happened with that dress in the party."

"My assistant, May, fidgeted with her dress. But that has been out in clear and the actual culprit, Lizzy – her best friend – did that. May admitted that in front of Scarlett and Ethan. You can ask them." Hazel explained.