Chapter 39

Chapter 39

**

Scarlett

True to his words, Ethan fulfilled his promise to strip for me.

The surprise date that he planned for me was exceptionally unexpected. Originally, it was supposed to be a friendly date with two friends, who fuck, to go out. But things changed extremely fast as I realised my feelings for him and even made a bold decision to confess it to him. If it were anyone else in his place, they would have definitely made a comment about my 'no dating' policy that I was proud of. Ethan, however, was different. I didn't expect him to say that anyway, but he should have because I had fought with him on this and even went violent by slapping him. Thinking about this makes me question Ethan's mind. What was he thinking when he decided to pursue me, like me and protect me?

During the date, I placed a lot of questions in front of him. Being a gentleman he is, answered each and everything honestly and sincerely. It was time for us to actually face our feelings and talk about it and so we did.

Eventually, the conversation flew to a lot of other things; changing from one topic to another at a random pace. My stomach hurt with amount of times I laughed and ate. My stomach felt like it would bulge out of my dress. My skin felt the wrinkles of my smile and grin. Ethan told me stories about his sister and her adventures rendezvous. I had to agree with him that she was stupid at times for doing things by risking her life. He told me the dark times of his family when Gwen was a target for business and things that went south due to that.

At that point, I saw something in his eyes, something dark and dangerous that he has kept hidden within him. It was a curtain, a persona that he hides behind his humour. But that night, he was bare to me, vulnerable, so I could see each and every part of him; ranging from his happiness, humour to his anger and sadness. The more I discovered about him, the more I fell for him.

Just as he opened up to me, I did the same. I told him about my life, the hardships I had to face, the fights between my parents and how I use to stay out late just so I could avoid the cruel words thrown at each other and be subject to that verbal abuse too. The loneliness I felt as I walked down the street, watching happy families enjoying snow or summer together.

Ethan asked me about my dream too. At his question, I was stuck because I didn't know what my dream was. I was so focused on making money that I paid no attention to what I actually wanted to do or what I want to be. That question was still stuck and somewhere I wanted to answer that question, more to me than to anyone else.

By the time we were done, the lights to the house was dim indicating that everyone has left to their room to rest.

Ethan won the argument to carry me inside as I was still recovering from my injuries and that due to this date there was a pause in that recovery. I had given in as he had quite swiftly and emotionally blackmailed me by giving me a sad and guilty look for planning this date. I rolled my eyes and placed a small kiss on his lips and agreed which brought a hundred walt smile on his face. He was so childish sometimes.

The night proceeded with Ethan's not so subtle promise of stripping, just like Channing Tatum had in the movie. There was only one change that he did more than just stripping.

The door was firmly shut with lock in its place. The room was dimly lite, creating a heavy sexual atmosphere with sensual music playing in the background. I was perched on the bed with Ethan right in front of me.

My eyes stayed glued to his movements as he slowly dragged his hands down his chest to the bottom of his shirt, gliding them up ever so slowly, giving me only a peek of what was to offer. He dropped the edge of his shirt which covered his body, making me pout.