Chapter 29

Chapter 29

**

Scarlett

"Does it still hurt?" Ethan asked as soon as we settled in the car.

I shook my head. "No, it doesn't."

The strange woman had literally pushed me off my balance along with poking me with her elbow, making my back feel a little uncomfortable. I wanted to tell her to watch it, but she seems in a hurry so I thought it maybe an emergency. I let it go.

"So, what were you saying about Hazel?" Ethan asked, again.

"Yeah, I was saying that Hazel lend me this gown for tonight in return for a dinner." I informed with a 'can you imagine' look. "Did you know she was invited to this party too?"

He shrugged in response. "I had guessed. I mean, Landon, Hazel and I were in the same college and Hazel was my girlfriend who met Landon on many occasions. Even after our break up, Landon and Hazel kept in touch. Also, she is a famous fashionista in the country, worked under my mother for a couple of months."

"So basically she is famous." I said, nodding my head in understanding. I was not at all jealous of her. Nope, I had no reason to be. I am a housekeeper and bartender and she is a famous designer. Simple.

"Yup. You can say that." Ethan agreed casually unaware of the jealousy blossoming in my chest. We didn't talk much for the rest of the way, only making joking here and there.

Soon the car came to halt in front of a fancy mansion which was supported by pillars on either side of it with a grand gate opening to the hall. Since the glass was tainted, I couldn't clearly see the outside world, but I did notice a large crowd of people swaming around.

Before we could step out, Ethan turned to face me. "Okay, so since Landon is a famous movie star, there is bound to be a lot of paparazzi around. All you have to do is follow my command."

"What is your command?" I asked, my voice coming out stronger than what I'm feeling.

Ethan gave me a knowing smile. "Don't look at their flashing camera, ignore their questions and don't leave my hand at all. Got it?"

"Eyes down, ears blocked and hand in your grip. Got it." I repeated with a determined nod. "I can do this."

He chuckled. "Just facing few paparazzi, not going to a war."

Ethan did not let me fire back at him with a devious remark as he got out of the car, buttoned his suit and looked around as if he were the most important person on this planet. He, then turned to face the car and extended his hand for me. I gracefully took it as if I knew what I was doing and got out of the car.

I smiled sweetly at him as I posed for the camera. Ethan gave me amusing smile as humor danced in his eyes. "You want to give them a show? I have a better plan." He said, noticing my ignorance to all of his rules of walking in a straight line to the hall, avoiding anything and anyone on my way.

I gave him a confused look, but widen my eyes as I understood his words. Ethan leaned in and kissed me right in front of the cameras with a series of flash going around us along with the voices that grew louder with a bunch of questions passed our way. Ethan was bloody famous, not only in business world, but apparently in Star world too.

We pulled back with my eyes open and cheeks flushed while Ethan looked as if he wasn't affected. Winking at me once, he turned and began making his way inside with me tagged along with him by hips.

I ignored all the questions thrown at us regarding my identity, his past conquest, new mergers and our relationship. I tried my best to ignore all the questions and looked at Ethan to know his emotions as well. I was taken aback by the blank and straight look on his face. He looked very serious as if someone has shitted in his pocket and he just sunk his hand in it. I have only ever once seen his this expression, but it really did not suit him. Ethan looked so much better with an easy going smile and amusement on his face than a hard purse lips and blank serious face.