Chapter 26

Chapter 26

**

Ethan

I've been slapped by women on multiple occasions, but none of those ever hurt. The sting of pain that followed after being struck by Scarlett was a different kind of pain since it was mixed with a high level of confusion and annoyance. 

My face struck to my side from the impact that my cheek received. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath to control myself. I wasn't angry at her action. Somewhere, I knew it was coming since I had kissed her without her permission and any woman would find that repelling. 

What shocked me was that I never thought Scarlett would actually hit me. I may deserve it, but from the times I have spent with her, and also after our night together; I thought things were different and that I wouldn't get slapped for kissing her.

"Never thought I'd get hit for kissing someone." I commented, rubbing my cheek and turning to face her.

I did not give her a chance to respond as I gravitated to her by cupping her face in my hand and pulling her for yet another kiss, not caring that I would get hit again. If she hits me, I'll kiss her again and again. 

Like the first time, I was expecting her to push me and hit me, but none of that happened. Maybe I took her by surprise as I felt her frozen in her steps, not kissing me back. Pressing a last kiss on her lips, I moved back to observe her shock face with wide eyes and frozen body. 

"I know I'm hot, baby, but you might want to lose that daze expression before I take you here." I teased, partially lying and partially hoping for it to come true.

My statement must have pulled her away from her thoughts as she quickly composed herself and made a move to hit me again, but this time I caught her wrist and pulled her body flush against mine. I noticed her blazing eyes which was breathing fire, her flared nose and her scowling mouth twisted in anger. Even when she is angry, she is undeniably hot. 

"You try to hit me again, I'll response with another kiss." I warned her.

Scarlett snatched her wrist from my hand and took a few steps back to create some space between us. "How dare you kiss me?"

I eyed her intimidating form and took a step closer to her. She stumbled back again away, making me frown. "You are upset because I kissed you?"

"Yes. You kissed me without my permission." She spat angrily.

I narrowed my eyes at her. "You sound upset after I kissed and while I was kissing you, your body was leaning against me, asking for more, your heart was beating fast as I could feel it with your body flush against mine, your current rosy cheeks emitting blush– says a different story."

"They are red because of anger." She lied. It was written all over her face. She likes my kiss; the only problem is that she wasn't ready to accept for whatever reason and was hiding that behind her consent argument.

"Lie all you want, Scarlett. The fact that you liked it isn't going to change anything." I stated firmly, pinning her with my eyes. "You asked me if I like you?" She cocked her head to side, her demeanour changing as anger evaporates with my answers to her question surfaces. "You misinterpreted my likeness with my lust for you. I don't like you. I lust after you. I don't want a romantic relationship, but just a sexual relationship."

Her body faltered as my words registered in her mind. "W-What?"

"You heard me. I enjoyed my night with you in Italy and I wanted that again. I did not transfer you here because I like you, but because I lust after you and well, you said you had given a thought to move to London. I was merely fulfilling your wish. You've never been outside of Italy. I was just giving you a chance to change that." I lied.