Chapter 8

Chapter 8

**

Ethan

The sun was high in the sky and its warm ray fell on my face through the window. I slowly opened my eyes to the eerie quietness of the room. The living room was bright with light, emitting a smile on my face. My eyes adjusted to the bright light, squinting a little to protect my sensitive corneas. I blinked a couple of times before sitting upright. A groan left my mouth at the soreness in my neck and back. I stretched a little to ease the pain and sighed. 

I got up and walked to my room which was occupied by Scarlett last night. I was expecting her to be in the room, yet was not surprised when I saw the empty bed. I chuckled when I noticed that she made the bed before leaving. I took a seat on the neatly made bed and ran my hands through it as I thought about last night. I was happy that I could help Scarlett and she did not protest as I thought she would. Maybe, she was desperate as she did not have any other place, and the woman staff room wasn't promising either. I could see that she wasn't uncomfortable sleeping in the same suite as me. That means, no matter how much she hates me, she feels safe with me. 

I want to pursue her since she is the only woman who caught my attention enough to make me want to pursue her, but after the conversation I had with her yesterday night, I was convinced that she would never fall for me, atleast not the way I want her too. At first, I was happy to hear that she was more of a one nightstand than a relationship type of a person, but my mood plumped as I realised that I was not looking for one nightstand. After watching Will and my younger siblings with their respective partners, I decided that my one nightstand's ends now. Now, I wanted something more and something meaningful. And I wasn't sure if Scarlett was looking for the same. I wanted to take that risk and find out, but her dislike for me would never allow her to change. So, I decided that avoiding her would be a better choice for me. 

I left the bedroom to get showered in the bathroom and quickly changed into some casual clothes and went downstairs for breakfast. I found my siblings, Sophia and Ashton already present at the table. 

"Here comes the man of the night!" Exclaimed Nate. I raised an eyebrow at him and hit the back of his head before taking a seat on an empty chair. I pushed Ryan's plate in my direction and began eating from it.

"Hey!" He complained. "I was eating from that."

"Not anymore." I shrugged. He huffed and went to take a new plate.

"How was your night?" Blake asked with a smirk.

I shrugged. "Okay."

"Just okay?" Will asked, not looking convinced.

"Yes." I said with a nod.

"You did not invite anyone to your room?" Nate asked, skeptical.

I paused as I looked up at the prying eyes before shaking my head. "No."

"Liar." Ashton said with a challenging smirk. 

I leaned my back in my seat and easily stared at him. "What makes you think I'm lying?"

"The fact that I saw you carrying a woman in your arms." He spoke, confidently.

I narrowed my eyes at him. His face brightens at that. I could hear the unspoken word of jackpot in his mind. He may have caught me here, but he wasn't going to pry anything else from me. 

"Want to tell us who it was?" Max asked, wiggling his eyebrows at me.

"I rather not." I say and give a warning look to Ashton to keep his mouth shut. He simply smiled at me and turned to Gwen with a warm smile, wrapping an arm around her. I would have kicked him in his shin, if it weren't for Gwen.