Chapter 20

Chapter 20

**

Ethan

I stared at the pair of brown eyes as they stared back at me. The whole living room had gone silent as soon as I stepped into the house of Scarlett.

After my talk with Scarlett, I was disappointed as she had refused to my proposal. Even though, I see no reason for the same, I knew there had to be something going on in her head as she didn't seem that reluctant when I first put forth it in front of her. I could feel that she was considering it and now, suddenly, she denies giving me a reason that I'm not satisfied with. I decided to confront her personally and maybe pursue her in a different way, so I called Addison for her address and was surprised to hear that there was a house warming party at her house. I used that information to my advantage and came uninvited to the party.

I broke the eye contact and looked around the living room where few boxes of food were scattered. "I see we are having a dry party. Boring."

I watched Scarlett roll her eyes as she stepped forward in my direction. "Some of us have work tomorrow and unlike you, we cannot not come whenever we want."

I shrugged. "I don't see how that's any of my concern. But since this is a party, there has to be drinks. So," I said and lifted my arms that carried few bottles of alcohol. "I brought it myself."

"As I said, we cannot drink it." Scarlett said again, putting more pressure on the words.

I ignored her and looked at the others who didn't seem that opposed to the idea. "What about others? Do you want to party dry?

"I think drinks should be fine," Lizzy began as she cautiously took few steps forward, glancing at Scarlett. "We can always drink in limits to avoid unnecessary hangovers."

"See," I said, smirking at Scarlett and walking towards Lizzy and giving her a side hug for taking my side. I felt her tense before a blush took over her cheeks as she stared at me wide eyes; awestruck. "Do you mind helping me with those?" I asked her. She instantly nodded her head and helped along with one of the guys who was sitting.

There was no more protest from Scarlett as she accepted her defeat. After pulling out the bottles, we all sat around the table. Unfortunately for me, Scarlett was sitting away from me; exactly opposite of mine with the guy who opened the door next to her. I noticed how close he was sitting and narrowed my eyes at his arm that was touching her. I did not like the guy.

Everyone introduced themselves and I went to give my own introduction, but it was clear that there was no need for it as everyone knew who I was. Since most of them were from my hotel, they knew who I was and for the other two men, including the one sitting close to Scarlett, I introduced myself to them.

"Let's play something." I suggested as I looked around the gloomy room. Everyone was quietly and awkwardly staring around.

"Play?" One of the girls, Tara, asked.

"Yes. We should play a game to lighten the atmosphere." I said, giving her a charming smile. "How about truth or dare?"

"This isn't a college frat party. That's so childish." Scarlett commented. I was wondering when she would. As soon as I stepped into the apartment, I knew that she did not want me here, but do I care? Absolutely not. I was going to make her give in. That's a promise.

"How would you know? I believe you never went to college. Maybe this would be a good experience for you." I said, giving a challenging look to her. She clenched her jaws as her eyes blazed with anger. I knew I pushed the right buttons. She opened her mouth to retort, but the guy next to her cut her off.