Chapter 25

Chapter 25

**

Scarlett

"I had a hunch that if you guys ever meet, you'd tell him off by just one glance." Ethan amused.

I shrugged. "You know how I think. He had it coming."

"I'm sure he did." He teased.

I sighed. "I knew who he was the minute I stepped into the office. From the articles I've read about him, I also knew that he would try something like this. I had to pretend to be indifferent."

"You acted quite well. You had me there too." He agreed.

I just shrugged. It was true. I've heard about Landon Wright and I have also seen few of his movies and commercials. Though the guy had a massive ego, he was exceptionally good at his work. I guess achievements come with a price.

"What was he doing here?" I asked, referring to Landon.

Ethan raised an eyebrow at that. "Landon is a friend of mine. He just returned from his shoot."

"A movie?"

"Yes." He answered in affirmation. I slowly nodded. I wonder what genre would he perform this time.

"Sounds interesting."

"So, tell me," Ethan asked, changing the subject. "What is your reason for coming here?"

"I told you, I had to return your clothes." I replied, partially lying and partially tell the truth. I was here for two reasons: one was to give him his clothes while the other one was to just see him. We parted on a bad note because of my stubborn self and anger. I was just here for my guilt to ease a bit.

"You didn't have to come all the way here. I was going to drop by later today to pick the clothes." He said as he relaxed back into his seat.

"Addison insisted I come." I lied smoothly. "You helped me afterall."

"On that note," he started. "I want you to come with me to Landon's party."

I raised an eyebrow at his absurd invitation. "No."

"Why?" He asked, incredulously as if what I said was stupid.

"Because I don't want to," I stated as if it were the most obvious thing. "Besides, he didn't invite me."

"I have a plus one so I'm inviting you." He pressed, pointing a finger at himself.

"Still no." I stated.

"Do you even have a 'yes' in your dictionary?" Ethan asked with exasperation.

"No." I simply replied which earned me a groan.

"Seriously, Scarlett? You shoot me down like a sniper. You disagreed to enter in Friends with Benefits term and now you refuse to accompany me to a party?" He let out in frustration.

I licked my lips as I leaned forward. I was here because we left on bad terms and it seems like the situation hasn't changed, but fired up a bit. "Why do you want me to be there with you?"

"Why not?" He said, seemingly agitated. "I don't understand you. In Italy, on first glance you refused me, then on your birthday we had good time and the night was great too, you were sad when I was leaving and now suddenly, you dislike me again when you finally grew fond of me."

"Look, Ethan, in Italy after my birthday, there was a shift in our relationship, but that went downhill as soon as you transferred me to London." I reasoned.