Chapter 22

Chapter 22

**

Ethan

I walked out of the shower with a towel around my neck. I had already taken my clothes with me in the bathroom since Scarlett insisted me to take it. She said something like 'I know you and you would grab any chance to flash to me' and I couldn't stop the laugh that emitted from within me. It was true. Just to spite her, I was very tempted to not take my clothes with me and have a flashback of Italy where I teased her on the first day we met. But since I am a gentleman, I considered her wish and took the clothes with me.

I rubbed the towel on my hair and watched Scarlett perched on the bed with the duvet covering her whole form, leaving only her head on display. I cocked my head in question.

"I was cold." She said and at the same time, coughed and sneezed. Her cheeks and nose turning red in process.

Frowning, I walked over to her and placed my hand on her forehead. She hissed as my cold hands came in contact with her warm face. "You are burning." I stated. 

"Just a little cold." She repeated and snuggled into the duvet. I walked to the wall at the entrance and turned on the heater.

"Come on. I'll take you home so you can rest." I stated, throwing the towel away. Just then my phone rang. I saw Nate's name flashing on the screen. "Let me take this call and then we'll leave." Scarlett nodded and closed her eyes, resting her head against the headboard. "Nate?" I said as I picked up.

"Ethan, where are you? You still aren't in office yet?" He asked, not bothering to say the greetings.

"I'm out on a meeting," I lied, glancing at a closed eyes Scarlett. "I'll be there soon."

"Alright. Meet me once you come in." He said and ended the call, again not bothering with any pleasantries.

I pocketed the phone in the jeans I was wearing and walked towards Scarlett. I gently shook her to wake her from the short slumber. "Scarlett, let's go home and you can sleep peacefully."

She nodded and stood up from the bed. She stumbled a little causing me to wrap my hands around her waist and pulled her flush against my chest to avoid her fall. A gasp escaped her mouth as her body collided with mine; her hands trapped against my chest. She stared at me wide eyes with a look of shock on her face. I couldn't stop but stare at her face which had gone pale, yet there were specks of red hue on her cheeks and nose.

"Are you alright?" I asked, softly. Scarlett absent-mindedly nodded her head. She seems to be in a daze. I smiled at her before carefully letting her go so she could be steady on her feet.

I noticed her outfit. She was wearing a long sleeve loose sweater with pair of jeans. Her hair was still slightly wet from the shower. "Here. You wear this coat." I said and picked a coat that came with the other clothes– from the bed.

"You'll get cold." She said, denying my offer.

"I am not the one with fever, love. Don't argue." I said, firmly. She sighed and accepted the coat.

We both left after that to the entrance of the hotel. I asked Scarlett to wait near the door while I just talk to Addison. I informed Addison about our clothes, and she asked me not worry as she will send it to the laundry and that I can collect it tomorrow. I thanked her and left. I guided Scarlett outside and asked the valet to get my car. Once seated inside the car, I started the engine and we were off to her apartment.

"What about our clothes?" Scarlett asked after a few minutes of silence.

"Addison said that she would give it in the laundry and we can collect it tomorrow." I informed, glancing at Scarlett for a split second. She was resting comfortably on the seat with her legs folded and her hands wrapped around herself. I noticed her cold form and turned the heat to full blast. A sigh of relief left her mouth.