Chapter 1

Trailer made by @Christoph3rH3rrmanz be sure to check them out!

AN: This is one of the first stories I have written in the past few years, and my first story with over 60 chapters! A little disclaimer, I do not own Stranger Things, and only my oc(s), and unfamiliar plots. This story starts a few months before season 4, and will continue way past that into its own versions of a "Season 5". 

Feedback is most welcome, so if you like something or don't like something, please let me know so I can better my writing.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Why did bad things have to happen in Hawkins? Was it like some magnetic pull? Or some evil curse? I just don't understand how so much can happen in a small town like ours. So many mysterious deaths. They blamed it on chemical or gas leaks. It was all just bullshit lies.

At first I had fallen for them. I was in the dark like most people. There were signs something was going on with how my brother and his friends were behaving. Why Steve Harrington was hanging around with a bunch of kids. I chose to ignore it. Thought they were just boys with way too much imagination, and that Steve wanted to get back with Nancy so he chose to hang out with Mike.

But I was wrong. It all began on the Second of July 1985. I was running late for work at Scoop Ahoy. Mom had already left with Dustin without asking if I needed a ride. I ran to the living room and grabbed the phone. It rang after dialing a number.

"Hello?" A groggily voice asked on the other end.

"Hey, could I ask for a favor?" I asked, and there was a short pause.

"What sort of favor?" Was finally asked.

"I need a ride to the mall. I'm running late for work." I told them.

"Uh, yeah. Give me a few, and I'll be right over." They replied, and I smiled.

"You're the best." I told them.

"I know I am." They chuckled and hung up the phone. I sat outside of my house waiting to see the familiar vehicle. After ten minutes, I could hear the blaring of heavy metal. I hopped up off the porch and ran over to the sidewalk.

The van with blaring music came to a halt, and I ran over to the passenger side. "Ahoy there." Eddie Munson said, grinning at me in the driver's seat. I rolled my eyes as he began to laugh.

"Cute outfit, Henderson." Eddie told me as he drove away from my house.

"I hate wearing it." I told him and fixed the hat on my head, "I feel like a toddler in it."

"Yeah, it defiantly looks like something a toddler would wear." He laughed, and glanced over at me, "So since I'm driving you to work, do I get free ice cream?"

"Yes." I told him.

"Yes! Ice cream for breakfast." He cheered, and I laughed a little.

"Did I wake you?" I asked him.

"Yes, but the ice cream will be worth it." He told me. I knew he liked to sleep in late sometime over Summer break, but I didn't realize he would sleep in past one in the afternoon.

"I'm sorry." I apologized, "If I had known you were sleeping, I would have probably found some otherway to work."

Eddie shook his head. "It's fine, Jules." He told me, "If you need help with anything, I'm your guy."

I gave Eddie a smile. It had always just been the two of us since Middle school. People saw him as a weirdo and freak, but I saw past that. Eddie was kind, and caring. A bit of a nerd with books, and games. He loved rock and roll, but that didn't mean he was a freak.

The ride to the mall had been mostly silent after that. Eddie turned on some Dio and it blasted on the radio. Eddie tapped his hands on his steering wheel to the beat of it. I sat in the passenger seat, bobbing my head slightly, enjoying the songs that were playing.

Pulling into the parking lot, I hopped out of the van, and made my way into the mall with Eddie following behind me.

"I'll be back in a jiff!" I heard Robin shout as I got closer to Scoops Ahoy. I saw her run off into the mall, and wondered where she was going. I walked into the place and saw Steve with Dustin behind the counter. I looked at Dustin and then Steve.

"What are you doing here?" I asked Dustin as Steve looked at Eddie, who was looking at all of the flavors.

"Uh, hanging out with Steve." Dustin told me, and I rolled my eyes. I didn't want him annoying me while I worked. I had enough customers to deal with and the guys who loved making comments about my outfit.

"What about hanging out with Mike and the others? They missed you all summer." I told him.