Leaving

We stopped by the kitchen to get a basket filled with food then I was blind folded.

"Where do you think he is taking us?" I asked my inner wolf that was still asleep, recovering from last night.

A while of bothering her she refused to answer me. I knew she was upset that Jamie was leaving and we couldn't follow him. So I let her sleep.

After Jamie made me run into different things we arrived at the spot and he took the blind fold off. As Adeline yelled,"Surprise Mommy!"

Once my eyes adjusted to the bright light of the sun I realized we were in the exact spot I had met Jamie.

"This is where you ran Daddy over." Adeline said as she laughed at her own comment. I let a small giggle escape my lips as I helped her place the blanket down on the ground.

We sat there for a few hours enjoying each other's company as Adlien and I took in Jamie's scent.

"I don't believe I can watch you leave again." I whispered to Jamie as we walked back to my chamber.
Adeline decided she wanted to sleep with us since he would be leaving in the middle of the night.

Once she fell asleep I walked out onto the balcony to get some fresh air. Before my heart would be ripped out from my mate leaving for a couple of months.

"I shall be back for you." I heard Jamie whisper in my ear causing me to cry instantly.

I leaned into his chest as he picked me up and laid down beside me and Adleine.

Thankfully I was in a deep sleep I didn't feel when he left for his kingdom. However the next morning all I felt was sorrow.

I promised myself that I wouldn't let a single soul see my weakness. I am the Alpha Queen and I would be damned if someone took that away from me.

Adeline woke up screaming for Jamie after a few minutes she calmed down and I walked her back to her chambers.

Once the nurse helped her get dressed I walked back into my chamber where Kristan was waiting.

"I know you want to act all strong for your daughter and kingdom but it's okay to cry in front of me." She said as she embraced me in a warm hug.

"How do I make it through these next months?" I asked as she held me.

"Your mother would make you a priority and work. When your father would leave for long business trips to other lands."

She said, I nodded and let her help me dress for the day. Once she was done I told her to get some of Adeline's things moved into my chamber.

Without question she went to work on getting her clothes moved into my closet.

I left and found my way towards my fathers office with Harper waiting in a light pink dress with a sun hat reading a book in my fathers chair.

"You look like you're glowing!" Harper said, acting surprised at my appearance since my mate just left a few hours ago.

"Indeed." I said as I grabbed a stack of papers and walked over to his seat after she moved.

"I haven't been in this office in years." She said as she grabbed some of the stack Jamie was working on.
"Remember when we were younger and we would pay an office here. I would be your assistant while you were the Queen." SHe said as she giggled.

I looked up at her and smiled. "You should be my assistant while you and King David are here." I said in a cheerful tone.

She nodded and stood in attention like a guard would do before she spoke. "I am here for duty, Queen Alpha."

After we got done giggling we got to work. Anything that had to do with me they had to get promotion from her.

I had one of the help get her a desk setup near mine so we could both look the part.

"Queen Alpha I have in mind liked the kitchen to bring us some lunch." She said as she gave me a wink.

"Harper. Please call me Charlotte when we are alone." I begged as she began to laugh at me.

"Fine but only when we are alone." She stared and smiled at me before returning to what she was doing.

After we ate I dismissed Her so she could have the rest of the day off. I went to find Adeline to get my mind off of Jamie.

Once I found Adeline playing in her chambers with the nurse I dismissed her and sat down beside Adeline.

"How would you like it if I taught you some magic. I know how hard it must be keeping all of it in and not knowing how to let some of it out."

I said as I watched Adeline's face light up in excitement. We walked to my mothers old office and sat down on her lavender color couch.

"Can this be my office one?" Adeline asked as she looked up at me with puppy dog eyes.

"Of course. Then when you get older you can have my office." I said, making her giggle a little.

"Shall I show you something now?" I asked as she jumped up and screamed.

I walked over to the stack of blank paper and crumpled it up in my hand.

Then I leaned down towards Adline and let her do the same. "Now what?" She asked as she looked at the crumbled up paper in our hands.

"Now close your eyes and imagine something beautiful." I said as I did the same. When we opened our eyes she held her favorite flower in my hand.

After she opened hers a beautiful blue butterfly flapped its wings and began to fly around the room.

"I remember you told me every time you see a butterfly you know everything will be okay." She mumbled as I embraced her in a hug.

I waved my arm in the air and my flower turned back into the paper as her butterfly did.

"It is to disguise something as something else." However it will turn back to normal in a few hours on its own.

We spent the rest of the day playing together in the garden for some fresh air.