Destiny

As I lay on the battlefield I could hear the voice of my mother call out to me. "Charlotte, this will be your destiny." I heard the voice say as it got closer.

Then before my eyes I could see my mother walking towards me. "If you follow this path and choose Jamie over your people this is what will happen." She said while pointing to Jamie's Body.

"Please help me!" I shouted with tears in my eyes. She slowly helped me to my feet and held my chin up so I could see her.

"Child. This is not real. However if you wait at the safe house for Jamie to return this is what the outcome will be. You must go to King Franklin's kingdom. This is the only way to avoid this outcome."

Then she slowly faded away and I awoke on the cold wooden floor in my chambers. My head was spinning from everything that had happened.

I knew I must get as far away from the destiny my mother spoke of. I left a note for Jamie. And I was off into the night, heading the opposite direction of Jamie.

Note

Dear Jamie,
I should tell you this in person, however I can not. Please inform my men that they are allowed to go back to their families. It hurts me to leave like this without a proper goodbye. I am following my destiny and it pains me that you can not be in it. I won't have you getting killed over me. Just promise me you wont let yourself go or harm yourself in any way over this. I love you dearly.- Charlotte.

As the cold winter breeze hit my delicate face tears started to roll down my cheeks the further I got away from the safe house.

I know I must do this, but I know it will take me a while to be able to think of something other than Jamie.

Mainly all I can think about is him and the new destiny I am about to find.

The End of Part 1

Authors Note

Thank you all so much for your views and votes on this book so far. It has meant so much to me.

Part two is next I hope you enjoy!!