Escape

Charlotte's POV

I awoke to the same feeling I get before I passed out. I began to gasp for air. When I felt Jamie's soothing touch of his fingers grab my hands.

I opened my eyes to see he was hovering over me. I pushed him off and looked in the direction I heard Adeline.

"You awake!" She screamed as she ran to my side. I quickly embraced her in a hug as I turned towards Jamie.

"We must leave. The king is trying to kill us." I mouthed as he nodded and bagan to pick up some bags.

"Daddy told me to pack a bag. Where are we going?" SHe asked.

I looked at her innocent face then kissed her head. "Far away." I said as I picked up my journals.

*Knock*

We  paused in our effort to escape when we heard someone at the door. I gave a look towards Jamie and he grabbed Adeline.

"Please. It's just me." I heard Ben's voice. I quickly walked over to the door and pulled him in.

Then made sure it was locked as we both walked back into my chamber.

"What is he doing here?" Jamie asked as he shot a disgusted look towards Ben.

"You're the one two talks." I mouthed off as I gave an evil glance towards Jamie.

"I am here to help them escape." Ben said, making me swiftly turn my head to look at him.

"Promise me you will protect them." Ben said as he walked closer towards Jamie and Adeline.

"I will." That was the only words Jamie could say before we heard a few men outside my door.

"Take Adeline and Ben into the secret hallway. I told Jamie as I carefully walked towards my chamber door.

*Loud Knock*

"Charlotte, I know you are here. Come out! I have a few more things to discuss with you." I heard the king say outside my door.

I made sure they made it into the secret hallway before grabbing a hold of the door nob.

"I swear I will kick down this door...." The king began to say before I opened the door.

"Yes?" I asked as I tried to seem as if everything was just right with the world and nothing has changed.

He walked into the sitting area as I gestured towards the couch. "Where is Adeline?" He asked as he peeked over my shoulder towards my bedroom.

"Oh Ben took her out to the garden. He planned a surprise for her." I said as I looked over at the two huge guards standing near the king.

"Oh well." He said as he got up from his seat and began to walk towards me.

I began to back up until my back hit the wall. He had a weird look in his eyes. That sent chills up my spine.

"This is for you running out of the ball." He said as he stuck a dagger into my stomach.

I knew if I screamed Jamie and Ben would help. But that would give away what we were trying to escape.

However when he began to twist the silver dager I let a whimper out. Thankfully Jamie and Benjiamn wernt stupid enough to give away our hidding spotts.

"Now don't ever think you can run away like that again. I will send Trinity in here to help with your wond." He said in a creepy voice.

I waited for him and his men to leave as I began to wobble my way towards the secret hallway.

Once I opened the door I turned my back to them and said a cloaking spell over Jamie, Adeline and I. It should only last a few hours. So we had to be quick when trying to escape.

Then I slowly turned towards them as Jamie ran to my side. "What happened?" He asked as his hand was pressed fermy on my stomach.

"I will explain later. We must leave." I said through my teeth. Adeline hadn't seen the blood. So I was putting a brave face on for her.

"Follow me." Benjamin said as he walked us down the long hallway. We were at a point where there were different directions we could turn.

Thankfully Ben knew his way around the castle and led us in the right direction.

"This should lead you out of the castle. Make sure you stay hidden. I shall be heading back to deal with my father." He said as he placed Adeline down for Jamie to carry.

I hugged him goodbye and thanked him for all he had done for me. Then Jamie and I began to walk down the dark path towards freedom.

We made it out. The darkness of night would help us make it to a nearby village to get some supplies before we are on the run once more.

"How is your wound?" Jamie asked as we walked down the main road. We were a few hours into our way from the castle to a nearby village.

"Its almost healed. I am glad Adeline didn't see I was bleeding." I admitted as we saw the lights in the distance.

"We get a carriage here so you and Adeline can rest." He said as we made our way closer towards the village.

Once we arrive He threw our stuff in a random carriage we found and hooked two horses to the front of it.

I grabbed Adeline and Wrapped her in a blanket as Jamie closed the door behind me. Then we sped off into the night.