Books

I slowly turn around to find Jamie standing in front of me. "Your Grace." I said as I bowed.

"Don't play around Charlotte I know it is you." He said as he walked forward and lifted me up my chin so I would be standing.

"King James." I said in a rude tone as I glanced at him. Making sure I didn't keep my eyes on his for too long or I might do something I would regret.

"You look amazing." He said while walking closer. We were inches apart. My heart began to race at his scent invading my nose. It smelt like home, however I know now how he feels towards me. I then began to turn away and make my way down another aile of books.

"Please talk to me Charlotte." He said as he turned down the same ile and grabbed my hand. I glanced down at his hand and removed mine.

"Number one my name isn't Charlotte." I whispered just in case anyone was over hearing our conversation.

"Number two, it isn't safe here to talk. Meet me on the outskirts of the garden in two hours. Then we shall talk." I said while making my way back to my chambers.

As I entered my chambers I heard Adelines voice in her room. I walked in and sat down near where she was playing with dolls.

"Mommy your face is red." she said while looking up at me. "I have decided to use the getaway house for two days. You shall go spend that time with Lady Madison and Lily."

I said as she hugged me and began to pack her bags. "Slow down, you are only staying for one night." I said while taking out some of the clothes she packed.

She giggled and began to lift her bag up. "Let me." I said while grabbing it and started to walk towards Lady Madison's chamber. Before I made it back to my chambers I spoke with Lady Madison and she was thrilled to have the girls say together.

"I love you mommy." she said while running off with Lilly. "I love you too!" I yelled while rolling my eyes. "Have fun." Lady Madison said as she hugged me then began to close the door.

Then I made my way towards Ben's office. Once I arrived he greeted me with a warm embrace. "I decided to let Adeline stay a couple of days with Lilly and Lady Madison. While I spend time at the getaway house." I said while sitting in a chair.

"Shall I join?" He asked as he placed a hand on my leg. "You know our agreement." I said as I pulled his hand away from my leg.

"I do. However I believe it is time for you to start letting love back in your life. Why not with me?" He asked while leaning towards me.

"I do love you. But not in that type of way. Maybe one day I will, however I am focused on Adeline and my kindom." I said while I began to stand up.

"I understand." He said as he opened his office door for me to leave. "Have fun on your trip." He said while placing a kiss upon my head.

I quickly made my way back towards my chambers and got my bag. Then I started to make my way to the getaway house.