Metting the king

We made our way down the long hallways. I took this time to memorize every inch of the castle I would be staying in for the next week.

I heard a familiar voice around the corner of the hallway I was in.

Before I had time to stop my feet from walking. Jamie turned the corner, running into me like a brick wall.

We both fell towards the ground. I smiled as he helped me up when I heard.

"James, who is this goddess you have yet to introduce me to."

An older gentleman with royal attire said as he took my hand and kissed it while he bowed. I assumed it was the King, Jamie's father.

I bowed with him then placed my hand back down upon my dress. I could feel Jamie's eyes taking in every inch of me, as his father was.

However Jamie's eyes halted for a few moments when my hips started to show as I shifted my weight.

Izzy was standing there frozen as the scene of my falling made her freeze in her tracks. "My King, this is Princess Charlotte of the Crescent Pack in the north." She said as she bowed towards the king.

His stone cold face lifted into a smile as he wrapped his arm around mine. "Well I am pleased to see you here in my kingdom, Lady Charlotte. Please join us for lunch in my office."

I could say no to this man because he was already walking towards his office. Leaving Jamie and Izzy standing in a state of shock.

However Jamie sped up to meet our pace as we walked further down the long hallway.

Once we arrived, we sat down at a small dining table on the far side of his office. He sat in a throne-like chair as Jamie took the seat beside me.

The food was steaming hot once the kitchen maid sat it infront of us.

With shaky hands, she filled our glasses with red wine, then she left. Leaving me with the King and Jamie.

The King took a huge swig of his wine then placed the cup back onto the table as he spoke.

"So tell me Princess, why have you joined my son on this journey?" He asked while taking a bite of his food. He still sounded cheerful.

"Her name is Charlotte, father!" Jamie said angrily as he lightly slammed his hand on the table.

Letting his future alpha aura fill the big room. His father didn't pay much attention to him as he began to speak again.

"Fine! Charlotte what brings you here?" He asked in a way that sounded like he was losing his patience.

"I wanted to know more about how kingdom matters are handled. Also I wanted to learn a few things on how other kings rule other than my father." I said while taking a sip of wine to let him speak.

"Oh, well I am glad to hear that you aren't as stubborn as your father." He said while smiling down at me.

However I was not about to let this man talk poorly of my father, I don't care if he was a King. I was always taught to stand up for my family.

"Well your majesty, I would like to mention that I am stubborn like my father however if you cross me or my family. I will make sure you and everyone you love will pay for your stupidity, of going up against me."

I said using the same tone he did before. " I am the same way. Also I don't let my stupidity get in the way of things like your father does. When he married your mother." He said while taking another sip of his wine.

I grabbed his cup while standing up and threw it across the room. Then I leaned towards him speaking and threw my teeth. "I believe that's enough wine." He went to lift his hand to strike me however I caught it in mid air. My fingertips started to burn.

His hand started to smoke as I let go of him.

" You have made two mistakes today, Your Grace. Now I just hope you are dead by the time I take the throne next month or my kingdom will come here and destroy you." I said while slamming the door as I walked out.