A simple touch

I ran out into the hallway looking in both directions.

My poor wolf was as buzzed as I was. So she was no help finding his scent.

The only place I knew he would be was in his chambers. I picked up the extra fabric of my dress off of the floor and placed it over my arm. Then I started to walk towards his chambers.

I decided to knock instead of barge into his room. Because last time I did, it didn't end the way I expected it to.

I placed the extra fabric down as I heard his voice. "Please come in." He said in a husky voice.

I slowly opened it and found him with a book in his hand. Barley paying me much attention as I started to walk in.

He had taken his jacket off and was now in a plain undershirt. That was unbuttoned enough that I could  see his upper chest.

He was leaning back against the wall close to the unlit fireplace.

"What can I do for you, Lady Charlotte?" He asked in the same tone I had used the day before.

"You have yet to touch my hand tonight." I said as my breath hitched, when he started to make his way towards me.

I quickly closed the door as he hovered over me, making me fall back against the door.

"Before I do this I would like to warn you of things that could come about. Due to this simple touch, you speak of." He said while walking away from me.

I was still in awe just by his presence. I couldn't move an inch. As he began to speak while pacing around the room.

"Well, I have been through a lot in my life. Also my father had distanced himself from everyone after my mother passed of the fever. Last year he started to come around and try to be a better father. However his drinking can get out of hand. I say all of this to tell you that I can be a bastard to people I love sometimes. However I would kill for anyone I love. More importantly the things you will go through and see by my side would scare you."

He said while staring into the unlit fireplace. Then paused before starting to continue speaking.

"This simple touch could pull you into my dark world of never ending torment." He said while walking over towards me.

"I would rather die a horrible death, than spend another moment not by your side." I said while I gazed into his calm blue eyes.

I slowly placed my hand into the air for him to touch. He slowly pulled his hand up towards mine and let his fingers graze upon my palm.

Just by his simple touch sent me into a world wind of emotions. I knew in that instance I would never sleep or breathe again if I wasn't by his side.

It felt as if he was my true destiny. Everything in my entire life was leading me towards this moment. However something with in me kept reminding me that my destiny hasn't yet shown it self to me.