The letter

After thanking the lady I made my way through the crowd where the carriage was waiting. When I arrived the men had gathered everything we would need on our long journey.

The driver helped me up the stairs and once I was seated closed the door and we were off. "Where were you Rose?" Trinity asked while grabbing Adeline and holding her.

"I took Adeline around the town and looked through some shops. I didn't mean to keep us waiting." I said as I showed her a few of the toys I bought for Adeline.

"Those are lovely. Did she pick those out?" She asked while placing Adeline in my arms. "She did." I said while rocking Adelien back to sleep before placing her against my breast.

I waited until Trinity was fast asleep to pull out the letters. They were neatly stacked in the tiny box and had a faint scent of Jamie on them. I slowly opened the first letter and began to read.

                       *******
The first letter.

Dear Charlotte,
It has been quite tough since I left you standing there in the stables that night. I made it safely to my fathers kingdom. I should be back in a couple of weeks. I can't wait to hold you once again in my arms. I love you.-Jamie

I began to tear up reading the first letter however there were more for me to read. I wiped the tear away from my cheek and began to open the second letter.
                         ********

Second letter

Dear Charlotte,
I was informed by my messenger  that he found no one at the safe house. I pray that you and your men made it out safely. However I am going to start sending them to the old inn we stayed at. Hopefully one day you will return and find these letters.

My father has been acting quite strange since we last visited him. He has been talking in riddles lately that barely anyone knows what he is talking about. I love you- Jamie

"I wonder why Jamie's father was acting strangely, hopefully the next letter we shall read will give us a better understanding." My inner wolf said.

I nodded and began to pick up the next letter.

However this letter had a few drops of water on it that had stained some of the paper. Although I can still make out the words on the paper.

Before I could continue to read the third letter Adeline started to awake.

I placed the small box into my bag and started to sing.