Old Friend

After making my way down the hallway avoiding my father. I found David once more. He engulfed me in a large hug before he spoke.

"So is that the new love interest of the future queen?" He said while taking my arm in his own. As we walked into the garden.

"You know I have been only focused on my destiny lately." I said as I smiled.

David's father is the King of one of the smallest Kingdoms around. I have known David since I was 8 years old. When his father visited our kingdom for a full summer.

During that entire summer I became quite fond of him. We only kept in touch by sending letters to each other.

However David has grown into a fine man. Since the last time I saw him, he was just a young boy finding his way in life.

He has black hair almost like night. His eyes are hazel with a touch of gold in them.

He is almost as tall as my father and I would be lying to myself if I didn't say he was quite handsome.

I could tell by looking at him, as he walked gracefully into the garden. He would be a great King one day.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when Harper ran towards David and I.

"Oh my, David you have grown into a true man." She said while hugging him.

"Thank you harper. Now shall we find something to eat, I am starving after my journey." He said as he took her arm.

As we walked Harer was filling him in on the latest court gosip. Once we reached the dining hall most of the crowd had died down.

Leaving us to have a quiet lunch, catching up with each other.

"Your dress is pretty risky. Has your father seen it yet?" Harper asked while taking a sip of her soup.

"Yes, he is quite angry. However I have been avoiding him most of the day." I said while taking a sip of wine.

After eating Harper and I showed David around the castle. I would see Jamie a few times, however he quickly glanced away.

All of his mood swings, started to make me quite mad. Once we three departed from each other I made my way back to chambers.