New Identity

The next morning I awoke early to be able to get dressed before I had to wake up Adeline. I was stopped when I heard a knock on my door.

"Caroline. I am sorry they are still sleeping." I said as I walked out of the room to where she stood.

"Oh it's fine. I was just thinking you probably don't have any clothes that would make you fit in around here." She admitted as she held up some dresses.

"You didn't have to do this." I said as I felt the fabric on the simple dresses.

"Please. These are my old ones I could fit before I had Bailey.Also there are some clothes for Jamie and Adeline."She said as she placed the stack of dresses in my arms.

I thanked her as she walked back down the stairs. Then I turned around and walked back into the small room.

I was surprised to see Jamie sitting up in bed looking at me. "Caroline dropped off some clothes for you, Adeline and I to wear. Mainly to help us fit in while we are here." I said as he nodded.

After we were all dressed we headed down stairs to meet up with Jeff and Holly for breakfast.

"If you want some extra cash you can come work with us." Johnny said to Jamie as he stuffed some bread in his mouth.

Jamie looked towards me as if to ask for permission. I giggled and nodded.

"When do we leave?" Jamie asked as he too stuffed his mouth full of food.

"Right now." Johnny said as he jumped up and gave his wife and child a hug. Then began to walk out the door. Jamie followed his lead after hugging Adeline and I goodbye.

"What do you lady's do during the day?" I asked as I slowly took a sip of juice.

"We run the shop. So finish up so we can open it for business." Holly said as she smiled at Adeline eating like a pig.

"Can I help?" She asked as she whipped her mouth. "Of course." Caroline said as she giggled and began to help her daughter put her coat on.

"I shall take Bailey to the schoolhouse and meet you back at the store." Caroline said as she hugged her mother.

Once we were finished with breakfast I helped Holly clean up before we headed to the shop.

I hadn't really noticed what they sold however when we arrived I began to look around. They sold a lot of things: fabric, soap, candles, food, sacks filled with different things, ect.

"Adeline, will you flip the sign over to show that we are open." Holly said as she placed an apron on.

Once Adeline had done what she said she grabbed an apron and asked me to help her put it on.

After Holly explained what I will be doing I went to work. When I heard the bell by the front door ring.

I looked up to see a young man with dirt stained pants walking towards the counter where we stood.

"Good morning Miss Smith." He greeted Holly as she smiled in his direction.

"Olivia, will you bring me a bag of wheat from the back?" She asked as she turned towards me.

"Who is Olivia?" I asked my inner wolf as I looked at Holly. "It's you." She said as I figured out she was giving me a fake name.

"Indeed. Sophia! Come with me." I said as I grabbed my daughter by the shirt.

"Who is...." I quickly stopped her as I turned to look at the customer not paying us any attention.

"We must have fake names until I can figure out how to win the people over." I admitted to Adeline as I threw the bag over my shoulder and made my way back to the front.

"Here you go Miss Smith." I said as I smiled towards the customer.

After a few hours I was worn out from lifting so Holly said I could stock the shelves. As Carloline did the lifting.

Once the day was done we headed back to their home to start dinner.

"Bailey. Go play in your room with Adeline please." Caroline said as the two girls ran up stairs.

"Most people believe that you are lost or dead." Holly admitted as she cut up some carrots.

"Indeed. However I don't want to force anyone to follow me. I would rather have their trust. Than become like the king in their eyes." I admitted as I placed the hand picked vegetables down.

"That sounds like a true Alpha talking." Carlone said as she nudged my shoulder making me giggle a little.

"Although it would take us too long to gather all the support if I go to each territory." I said while starting to cut up some of the vegetables to place in the soup.

"You are correct." Holly admitted as she let a sigh out. "Wait!" I heard Caroline scream as she too was cutting.

"The harvest festival." She said in a calmer manner than before. "I believe I remember a little about that. But you may have to jog my memory." I admitted while I placed the knife down and turned towards them.

"It's where all the territories come together and bring whatever they don't need for the winter months. Inturn we share a territory that needs the food." Holly said as she kept on cooking.

"Yes mother. But don't forget that we aren't under her territory now. The king took 5 of her territories away." Caroline said as her mother gave her an evil look.

"Leave that up to me." Holly said as she began to work on other things for our meal.

A couple hours later.

"Jeff, Henry and I are home." I heard Johnny yell from the front door.

"Who the hell is Henery?" Caroline asked as the men walked in.

Jamie seemed to have had a ruff day with the men. Although he seemed to enjoy that he was paid to support his family.

"These are the kind of men we need to fight in the battle. They worked from 8 in the morning to 9 at night." Jamie said as he greeted me in a warm hug.

"Go wash up so we can eat." Holly said as she placed some food on the table.

"Come eat girls." I said as I walked up the stairs to see the girls playing with dolls.

After a few moments of waiting everyone sat down at the table. We said a blessing then began to dig in as the men asked how our day was.

"Olivia and Sophia were a big help in the shop today." Holly said as she looked towards us.

"Which one is Olivi and Sophia?" Jamie asked, making the other woman smile widely at him.

"Oh Henry you are too funny. You know I am Olivia and your daughter is Sophia named after great grandmother." I said as we all began to laugh.

Once we all calmed down Holly began to tell Jamie our plan to talk to all the territories at once. Also how she plans to reach out herself to make sure the 5 territories that were taken over come.

"Can Adeline stay the night?" Bailey asked as she looked at me and Jamie.

"Bailey. They barely know us." Caroline said as she nudged her daughter's shoulder.

"Mommy can I please." Adeline began to beg. Then turned towards Jamie and did the same. "Fine." I said as I lifted my arms up in surrender.

I kissed Adeline on the head as we left the home to retire in our room.