Be bold

"Mommy!" I heard Adeline yell as she let go of Jamie and ran towards me. I embraced her in a hug and introduced her to Harper.

After talking for a little while Caroline and her daughter walked into my chamber. "Okay James, now let the girls get ready."

Harper said as she began to push Jamie out of the door. I laughed a little at him trying to talk her out of it. Although she was not having it.

Once we were alone she turned towards caroline. "I believe you are the same size as Charlotte. Let's pick out something to wear."

Harper added as she walked into my closet. We walked in to find her searching through my clothes.

"I believe she will look good in light pink. She will look like a true princess." I said in excitement as Caroline rolled her eyes at my comment.

"Indeed. Oh I remember you wearing this in the garden." Harper said as she lifted the light pink flower dress that I loved.

After we helped her into the dress I helped her fix her hair as Harper helped the little ones find something to wear.

"Now you girls are ready I want Charlotte to have a special moment before she joins in on the celebration and makes her speech." Harper mentioned.

After telling them goodbye I turned towards Harper with a confused face. "A speech?" I asked as I walked closer towards her. 

"How else do you think you will win your people back?" She added as she helped me into a beautiful ball gown.

"What if I can't win them back?" I asked in a hushed tone as she tied the back of my corset.

"You will. It is in your blood to rule over this kingdom. Plus you will look the part once I am done with you." She said as she turned me towards the mirror.

I began to take in my appearance as she added different things to my attire that would represent my status.

The dress she chose was a deep shade of red that had diamonds engraved into it. It almost seemed as if the seamstress had taken the stars and placed them on the dress.

"Why red?" I asked as I tilted my head up so she could add some make up to my face.

"You shall spill the blood of the enemy that threatens our kingdom and kills your family." She said as she smiled at me.

She added a long robe that was red, it also had a gold trim to make it stick out as I descended down the stairs.

"It's almost time." I heard a guard say as he opened the door to my chamber.

The entire time Harper was helping me, she was also getting ready so she would be able to join me as I walked into the ballroom.

"Oh one last piece!" I heard her scream as I stopped moving out of the closet.

She placed the royal crown on my head and made sure I would fit the part.

When we walked out of my closet the guard kneeled down before me as he began to speak.

"My Alpha Queen has returned." He said, making me blush.

"Thank you for all you have done for keeping my kingdom alive, dear warrior." I said as he stood tall and proud to be walking me to the ballroom.

I remembered what my father always told me as I walked down the long hallways.

"Never let our people see you struggle. Always hold your head up high and proud. You have been given this position by God himself."

He would say when I started to get nervous when I was a child. Once we made it to the large doors they opened and Harper interned as the guards held my arm.

"I was supposed to enter with Harper." I demanded as they refused to answer me. Then after a few seconds they let go and I made my entrance.

"Make our father proud." I heard my inner wolf say, making me feel a wave of confidence flow through me.

I took a deep breath as the guards announced my presents, making the people hush as all their eyes landed on me.