Memories

After we were done eating Jamie picked Adeline up and walked towards the door.

"Where are you going?" I asked while sipping some of my wine.

"I am going to take her to your chamber. Izzy is there with her daughter." Jamie said while leaving the room.

"I shall be back soon!" I heard him yell from the stairs.

I let out a breath while placing my glass of wine down and began to walk around the room.

"We get him all to ourselves!" My wolf shouted in my head. Making me roll my eyes while smiling thinking of begging alone with him.

I dusted off one of the books that was on a side table near the white couch. I patted my dress as I began to open it up.

Before I could get too far into the book Jamie appeared. He ran into the room and stopped to catch his breath.

"I am glad you didn't leave." He admitted as he sat next to me. I placed the book down beside me before looking towards him.

"Explain to me why you wanted to have me all alone." I said while standing up and walking towards a painting.

It was my favorite flower of all, "Dahlia's" I said while admiring the painting.

"Your favorite. If I remember correctly." Jamie said while walking behind me so I could feel his warm gentle breath against my neck.

"Indeed." I said while smiling and leaning back against his massive chest.

"Also the same type of flowers that were near us when you ran me over in the east garden." He said in a teasing manner.

I pulled away so I would be facing him as I poked his chest. "Hey, it was an accident." I said while he smiled down at me.

"Indeed whatever you say. Does this painting of a large maze ring any bells?" He said while pouring some more wine then walked towards a smaller painting of a garden maze.

"There are two memories in a maze almost exactly like the one in the painting." I said as I gulped down the glass of wine then poured another.

He walked towards a small figurine of a carriage. "Or what about our first carriage ride." He said while handing me the small toy and reaching in a cabinet for something a lot stronger for us both to drink.

"I believe I am catching on." I said as he poured me a glass of some whiskey.

"Memories. Everywhere in the palace had bad memories for me. Except this room. And I missed you so much over the years I dedicate it to memories of us."

He said while sitting down in a chair. I gulped down my glass and made a sour face at the taste of the warm drink running down my throat.

"You can just pass me the bottle." I said while reaching towards him. "Everything in this room is to represent the time we spent together?"

I asked while taking another sip of whiskey waiting for him to respond.

"Not everything, but most of the things you will find in here are about the time we spent together. Also our time apart." He admitted while pointing towards a painting of a bridge over a stream.

"I believe this is when we first visited my mothers secret layer." I said in a funny voice.

I began to walk around the room and stopped at a dresser. I opened up the first drawer and found one of my mothers necklaces she would wear that had our family crest on it.

"How do you have this?" I asked while placing the bottle down to pick up the small piece of jewelry.

"On my journey back here 4 years ago I stopped by your castle. Before King Franklin took over and burned it to the ground. I grabbed a few things I knew you would like."

He said while walking towards me and embraced me in a warm hug. I wiped the single tear that was falling from my face and pulled away from his embrace.

"What other things did you find?" I asked while placing the necklace around my neck.

"It's in another room, hidden from the public view. I wanted to keep it safe." He admitted while placing one of his hands in his pocket.

"Do you change in the beast during a golden moon?" I asked while looking up towards him and finishing the bottle of whiskey.

He let a smile cross his handsome face before converting back to stone cold.

"During the month of the Golden moon there are two full moons. However thankfully it only affects me for the normal moon. The Golden Moon has no effect on me."

He said while placing his hand on my back. "When is the full moon?" I asked while looking up towards him.

"Tomorrow night." He said as he turned to look the other way while removing his hand from my back.

"You and Adeline shall be placed in a room that is surrounded by guards to protect you from me. If I escape my chains." He said while blowing out some of the candles.

"Oh." I said in a surprised tone of voice. I forgot how serious the situation is.

We both walked in silence as we made our way back to our separate chambers. He kissed me on the head then left my side to retire in his bed. Leaving me to walk by myself towards mine.