Village

We rode for a full day away from the castle before Jamie stopped to let the horses rest.

I had managed to grab some food as Jamie was finding some horses at the village from the other night. We would be able to survive for a few days.

Adeline had fallen back asleep when I felt the horse stop. I looked out the window as I saw Jamie walking them towards a little stream.

I quietly lifted Adeline and placed her in the seat as I slipped out the carriage.

"Where are we heading to?" I asked as I walked closer towards Jamie.

He slowly turned around after tying the horses to a tree and walked closer to where I stood near some rocks by the bank.

"We can't go to my kingdom. Because that is where they think we are going. I have no clue Charlotte!" He spat as he slammed his fist into the rock.

It shattered to a million pieces then was covered in his blood. I grabbed his hand as I placed a kiss upon his lips.

My wolf and I were still mad at him. Although I believe we needed him as bad as he needed us.

His arms quickly wrapped around my waste as he kissed me passionately.

"Jamie" I moaned as his hand slipped up my dress. He backed me up against the tree and began to unbuckle his pants.

He thrust himself inside me until we both released. He slowly pulled out of me as he kissed my lips once more.

"I was drugged." He said as I began to untie the horses and help him lead them back to the carriage.

Once they were hitched back up to the carriage I decided to sit with him for an hour as we rode.

"Let me have the rains. You need some rest." I said as I held my hand out.

At first he was reluctant but then he handed them over. I whipped the rains to make the horses go faster.

He fell asleep once his head was relaxed. I smiled down at him as he began to snore.

"Perhaps that bitch Kathrin poisoned him." My wolf spat.

"I believe you are right. However he did have a bond with her before. Why would she poison someone she loves?" I added.

After that my wolf stayed silent for a few hours until the sun was out.

"War. We are going to war against that king for threatening our daughter." She spat loudly in my head.

"I am pleased to hear you talking about something we can handle. I will make him pay, don't worry." I said as I heard Jamie mumbled.

He slowly sat up and grabbed the reins out of my hands as he slowed the horses down.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I looked at him.

"We are in your territory the king took from you." He added as I looked in the distance to see a small village.

"I will get them back." I said as we approached the village.

Since it was small I figured it would be the perfect place to hide and to get some rest.

A few moments later.

Jamie had left to find an inn for us to stay in while I tended to the horses.

I looked up towards the cloudy sky as it began to start raining. Jamie appeared out of one of the shops and made his way towards us.

He used his coat to shield Adeline and I from the rain. Once we entered the small shop, an old man greeted us as he walked us up the stairs.

"It's not much. But we don't usually have visitors around here." He said as he opened the door.

I nodded as I placed Adeline down as I walked further into the small space.

It was a tiny room that had a bed in the center. On the far way near a window was a shelf filled with books.

"I live next door. Be ready to eat supper at 6:00 p.m, I will serve breakfast at 7:30 a.m" He said before closing the door.

Adeline ran over to the book shelf after she threw her coat on the ground.

"Mommy can you read me a book tonight?" She asked as she scanned over all of the books infront of her.

"How about we freshen up for dinner first. Because I don't want you getting sick." I said as I threw my coat on a chair that was near the door.

Jamie laid on the bed to be able to rest a bit as us girls freshened up. "Ready!" Adeline screamed as she jumped on Jamie.

I began to laugh at Jamie as he gave me an evil look for allowing her to do that.

"Come on Jamie! We will be late!" I spat as he rolled slowly out of bed and began to put his boots on.

I helped Adeline into her coat as I did the same. "Shall we be off?" Jamie said as he lifted his arms up for us to grab.

We ran in the rain until we got to the main entrance of the old man's house.

After a few moments of knocking a small little girl opened the door.

"PaPa! The people are here!" She screamed before grabbing a hold of Adeline's arm and dragging her in.

I tried to stop her but Adeline was more than willing to run into a stranger's house.

"Oh! I am sorry that was my daughter Bailey. Please come in." A younger woman my age said as she gestured for us.

After Jamie helped me take my coat off I began to smell a home cooked mill.

"Johnny! Get down from here and greet our guests!" She screamed as she leaned on the banister near the stairs.

"Sorry Johnny is my husband. We live here with my mom and dad." She said as her husband made his appearance.

"I am Jamie. This is my lovely wife Charlotte and my daughter Adeline is somewhere playing with your daughter." Jamie said as we all shook hands.

The men retired to the living area as the women were left to help make the final touches on dinner.