The ball

I hadn't realized I had been crying for over an hour when my lady's maid walked into my chambers.

"What happened?" She asked as she helped me up to stand.

"Not what happened but who." I corrected her.

"If you are crying over someone then it must be a man. My mother has always taught me if they have done something so bad that brings you into tears. Then you must show them what they are missing out on. However, never give yourself up to them ever again." She said,

I lifted my head out from my hands as she helped me whip the tears away. And smiled at her.

"My mother said something similar to me one day when I was younger." I said as she brought out my dress that was made for tonight.

"This will suit your body in all the right places. While making you seem mature." She added as she helped me into the extravagant dress.

Once I was almost done getting ready the nurse brought Adeline in to help her. "Mommy! You look beautiful!" She screamed as she ran up to me.

I embraced her in a warm motherly hug before placing her back down. "You will look stunning too." I said with a wink as my lady's maid pulled me back to tighten the corset.

"Tell me when you can't breathe." She said,

After making sure it was tightly secured and I had to breath out of my nostrils I began doing my hair.

"Oh and the final touch." she said as she placed a crown on my head. It had been so long since I wore one I was sure it would fall off.

"I lied. This is the final piece Lord Benjamin wanted you to wear." She said as she secured the large necklace he gave me when we were about to leave around my neck.

I walked over towards Adeline when the nurse shouted. "Don't look. She wants it to be a surprise." I nodded my head and walked into my sitting area to wait.

I began to think about when my father was waiting for me to come out. What was going through his mind.

"Probably not how his mate cheated on him in front of his face. Then shut the door on us." My wolf said in an angry tone.

"I wasn't talking about that. Think of our daughter. She is turning 4 tonight." I reminded my wolf.

"How can I forget? I too helped push her out with my strength." She noted before Adeline came out into view.

She was breathtaking. She had on a sparkly silver dress. That makes her tan skin stick out.

However it suited her. She too wore a crown similar to mine. Making her the perfect princess.

We arrived at the ball a little late because Adeline forgot to potty before we left. However we finally made it when nearly everyone was already there.

For some reason it felt as if the aura in the room was different. I couldn't explain it but it felt as if something was about to happen.

Making my wolf and I on edge. With my heart beating out of my chest I heard Ben's voice shushing the crowd as we were in view.

"Lady Rose and Lady Adeline." The guard said, making me jump, as Adeline lifted her head proud to be a princess for a night.

I searched the crowd for Jamie and his slut. When my eyes landed on Lady Katherin standing there with Jamie by her side.

"That stult!" My wolf shouted in my head. I barely could think when we began making our way down the staircase.

I thought the announcement would make Jamie look in our direction. However he was too busy with his new love.

Before I knew it we were down the stairs and I was a breathing mess. It felt as if my corset had become tighter by just walking.

Then I felt a hand pull me behind and turn me around. It was the king that was looking down at me.

"Why don't you go get some punch?" I told Adeline as she nodded.

Then he pulled me beside him so that it would look normal for me to stand near the king.

"I just wanted to give you a little gift." He said as he handed me a box. I rolled my eyes as I began to open it.

My heart fell to the floor as I saw one of my mothers fingers in it with one of the rings my father gave her.

"Oh and one more thing." The king said bring my attention back to him in shock.

"Since I have gotten rid of your mother. You will be my witch.." He said it made me feel sick to my stomach.

"Why would I ever be your anything?" I asked as I gritted my teeth.

"Oh because I already know how your daughter is showing signs of magic. So all I have to do is get rid of you. Plus she is much younger and will forget about you." He said as he let go of my arm.

The guards brought me to where Ben was standing and left me in his presents.

Although as I was trying to wrap my head around what I just heard and saw he bent down and whispered in my ear.

"Just say yes. Please I beg you to just say yes. There are men over there near Adline and they will kill her."

My heart sank again at his words. I quickly searched with my eyes to find her.

He was correct that she was standing near a punch bowl with two men holding a knife against her throat.

"Lady Rose. Will you marry me?" He asked as he got down on one knee.