Burn

I  began to cry at the thought of Jamie rejecting me. Even though to break a mate bond by rejecting you must do it in person. However I felt the meaning behind those simple words. "I, King James, reject you."

My inner wolf started to whimper in my head as the words kept repeating in my head. That night I fell asleep in a pool of my own tears over Jamie.

The next morning I woke up ready to put my past behind me. I wouldt let a man have such an effect on my feelings ever again. I slipped out of my bed and gathered up the letters and walked towards my fire palace.

I grabbed a match from the match box on top of the mannal and began to light it. Once it was burning brightly in my hand I threw it into the fireplace.

I waited as the flames grew larger before throwing in the letters. I stood there and watched them burn as tears began to fill my eyes. I quickly wiped them away when I heard Adeline moving in her crib.

I walked in to find her smiling and giggling. "There is my sweet princess." I said as I smiled and picked her up.

"I believe it is time to leave the past behind us." I said as I walked over towards her room and began to change her.

                         ********
3 years Later

Journal Entry

Time flew by in an instance before I knew it she could walk and talk. My little baby that I would walk around the palace within my arms is about to turn 4 years old in a few weeks.

Every year Benjamin throws her a huge party to celebrate her birthday. I believe everyone at court joins in on the party because it's like a royal ball.

Also this year more people shall come since the palace will be holding the Golden moon ball the same day. All the ladies at court have been getting extravagant dresses made for the special day.

Also the staff has been decorating the palace for weeks now. Beautiful flowers and decor line the hall at the palace. Making it seem like a fairytale.

I have kept my promise I made three years ago. I have focused only on my child and my kingdom. Ben has been updating me on how his father has started to take over my kingdom little by little.

However Ben and I have stopped some of the progress of it. So when I do return I can take it back.....

I quickly placed my pen down when I heard my chamber door open. I turned to see Adeline and one of her friends running towards me.

"Mommy, Can Lilly and I go play in the west garden?" She asked as the nurse ran in to my chambers out of breath.

"I am sorry my lady..... I was trying to stop the girls from interrupting you. However they were much more faster than I." Nurse Danica said.

"It is quite fine. I love my little interruption." I said while pulling Adeline into my arms and began to tickle her. After a few moments of her laughing I let her go.

"I suppose you can. However you must meet Ben and I in the gazebo by the pond at noon." I said while the two girls jumped in excitement.

"Also I don't want to hear that you have run away from your nurse again. Do I make myself clear." I said in an authoritative voice.

The two girls nodded and took off. The nurse soon followed behind them as she shut my door.