Surrounded

Then the silence was shattered when I heard growling coming from the woods that surrounded us.

Jamie quickly jumped in front of me when a wolf lunged out of the forest.

They rolled into the water and fell beneath the waves. Then I saw blood rising up and my heart stopped for a moment.

I couldn't let Jane die not after ignoring him for days now.

I quickly dove into the water when Jamie reserviced. I hadn't realized my men were in the middle of battle with the wolves until I turned to see them fighting.

Blood was dripping into the freshly clean water turning it red. After making sure Jamie was fine I quickly got out of the water and onto the bank.

We fought until all of them were dead. After taking a quick breath we were back on the road to make sure no one else followed.

"I believe they saw some of our kingdoms emblems." I had one of the men say in front of me.

I rode to the front and stopped every man that was on a horse in their tracks.

"Listen men!" I shouted to make sure I had their attention.

"We must abandon any thing that has my family resting on it. Throw it in the stream if you must. But we must blend in or we shall be found and killed. We will get more weapons and armor at the village."  I said.

"Yes Queen Alpha!" They all shouted and started to throw their belongings into the stream and around the dead bodies.

To make it look like the enemy had succeeded at killing me.

I was behind a bush and took off my blood stained dress.

And walked it over and placed it half way into the stream. Then I placed my cloak back on and got on my horse.

"Let's be off now!" I shouted as I began to lead the men towards the village.
                               ****

A few hours later

We arrived in the village around lunch time. We blended in the crowd of people in the marketplace.

Jamie ran up and grabbed my arm as I paid for a dress to change into.

"Oh silly wife. I have been looking everywhere for my coin purse." He said whiel grabbing the money bag out of my hands. I gave him an evil stare as the Lady selling the dresses laughed.

"How long have you been married?" She asked as she folded up the dress to hand it to me.

"A few months now." Jamie calmly replied. I smiled as she handed me a dress. After that we made our way back to the inn. Luke had gone into town before us and got us a few rooms for our men to stay in for the night.

Jamie never left my side as we walked into the inn. The man behind the counter helped us to our room.