Secrets of the past

I awoke the next morning covered in dirt. I was drained of all my energy. I believed I was dead once I let loose the night before as darkness swept over my body.

However, here I am lying comfortably in my bed. Then I heard the king's voice. "I knew you and your mother were the same." He said while leaning against the window.

"What do you mean?" I said while trying to gain enough strength to sit up. "Don't use too much energy, I will come to you." He said while lifting a chair and placing it beside my bed.

"Will you tell me everything you know about my mother?" I asked

"She hasn't told you anything about her past?" He asked with an eyebrow raised. "No. The only thing I know of is after she met my father." I said while he placed another pillow behind my back so I could sit up.

"Its a long story. Are you prepared to hear it?" He asked while gazing into my eyes. "Yes."

"Well my father was a horrible man. He would beat me and everyone in his kingdom, however he had a secret that made every kingdom scared of him." He said while looking out the window beside my bed.

"What was the secret?" I asked, my eyes widened in anticipation.

"A witch. He used your grandmother to gain respect from the opposing kingdoms. However one day a kingdom went after my father's secret and wanted it. So they started a war." He paused making sure no one could hear him before he continued.

"Well my father wanted your grandmother to use all of her strength to end the bloody war. However when she did it left her in a weak state, sadly she died a few days after."

"Then what happend." I asked eagerly.

"Well thankfully my father had no knowledge of his witch having a daughter. Since she kept it a secret. However I knew about her and we became friends. I hid her away from the evil beast and helped her with her powers."

"I don't mean to stop you, but did you care for my mother?" I asked while looking into his eyes.

"Yes of course I cared for your mother. However it isn't the way you think. I cared for her as a brother would. However one day my father found out about your mother. Around the same time your father, one of my dear friends, came to visit me. I asked for his help to set her free from my father."

"Oddly enough it was around the same time the golden moon was in the sky." He said while placing a smile upon his face.

"So that's how my parents found out they were true mates?" I asked as I giggled.

"Yes but you must know that is not where this story ends. As we were in the middle of saving her my father found out. And he tried to kill your mother before we could save her. However your father noticed the mate bond. And he killed my father to get to his true mate."

"That's how you became king?" I asked

"Yes my dear. However your mother was traumatized by the King in that cell that she couldn't never return here. Every pleasant memorie she had of this place went up in smoke as my father made sure of it.