Stay

We silently crept through the hallway making a few turns until we ended up at a dead end.

"Is this it?" I asked Adeline, then she nodded. I slowly turned the small door knob.

I believed Jamie scenced us because he was already making his way towards the wall.

"Charlotte! Adeline!" He shouted then quickly pulled us into the room. I was still focused on what Adeline had told me in the hallway that I stood in shock.

"Will you come to our room and sing to me?" Adleine asked while looking up at Jamie. I could tell he was trying to read my thoughts through my facial expressions.

I decided to smile and wait until we were alone to discuss what happened. On our way back down the hallway Adeline explained how she knew of the secret tunnel.

Once we entered our room Jamie and I followed her towards the bed and tucked her in. Jamie told her a sweet story before we sang her to sleep.

We carefully walked out and shut the door behind us as we left her side. Once I made sure she was asleep I began to pace around the room.

"Charlotte what is the matter?" Jamie asked as he grabbed my shoulders to slow me down.

I looked at him as if I had just been run over by a fast moving carriage. "She has powers...." Is all I could manage to stay.

He began asking tons of questions that I couldn't answer. "She claims it was my mother in her dreams that taught her how to do some spells. Although my understanding was that a child shouldn't be able to perform any type of magic."

I said while looking up at his calm blue eyes. "Will you hold me?" I asked in a desperate tone.

"Here I will grab you a night gown and help you into the bath." He said as he picked me up and placed me on the bed.

We layed in the tub together until it became too cold to stay in. My mind was blown away by my daughter. All I could think about is how I never realized until now how capable she actually was.

"Do you think I am a horrible mother?" I asked him as he helped me out of the tub.

"Everyone can't be perfect. Hell I have been missing from her life all of these years." He said, making me smile a little.

"For years now I have been so focused on forgetting my feelings towards you. Getting my kingdom. I have forgotten to enjoy the time I have with her. Or notice when something has changed with her." I said as I began to weep in his arms.

Once I regained myself he began putting his clothes back on. I wrapped myself tightly in the towel as he began making his way out of the large bathroom.

"Where are you going?" I tried to catch up with him.

"I thought you might need time to yourself. Although if you would prefer it, I can stay." He said as I nodded.

We couldn't keep our hands off of eachother once we were in the bed. I had to cover my mouth because of how loud I was moaning.

Once we were done we laid tangled up in the sheets as we both fell asleep. I remembered a time when we were at the safe house. All we did most days was make love and enjoy eachothers company.

We didn't have Kingdoms to run or our sleeping daughter in the next room; it was just us.  I thought as I nuzzled closer up to Jamie's chest and fell to sleep.

I awoke the next day to the darkness of night slowly fading away. The sun was barely showing however I could see a new day was upon us.

"Good Morning." Jamie said in his husky morning voice that sent a spark of pleasure down to my core.

Jamie quickly lifted from the bed and threw on his pants as he ran towards Adeline's door. "What!" I demanded as I threw on a night gown that I was supposed to wear in bed the night before.

Fear crossed my features as I saw Adelines door had been open. I ran towards the door to my sitting area to see if that too was open. To my horror it was.

"I awoke to find she had left or someone must have taken her." I admitted as tears began to fall harder down my cheeks.

"We will find our daughter." Benjamin said as he placed a heart felt kiss on the top of my head. I was still in shock of losing my daughter. I nodded in his arms. Forgeting Jamie was standing behind me.