Chapter 126 - Acting rather out of character

XG 126 - Acting rather out of character

"I like it a lot. It will be very useful now that my sword is no longer serviceable. Thank you for your thoughtful gift." She shut the box and politely inquired just to skip the gift topic. "Elder brother, are you here to visit Woojin?"

"No, I'm here for you. Let's continue our discussion at a more comfortable place, shall we?"

Kang Xunsu stayed behind to wait for the guard to return and Wong Xue Guo followed Chin Chun. As Kang Xunsu made no hint to stop her, there should be no problem in trusting Chin Chun not to harm her at least.

They ended up in a small lounge room with tea and snacks already prepared. Chin Chun must have asked someone to prepare them in advance for her visit. Her favorability scale towards him increased slightly from his thoughtfulness.

Surprisingly, seated on one of the chairs was Chen Yibo, who was already there waiting for them. Seeing them, he quickly finished the dry biscuit and gulped down the water from his cup to swallow the biscuit easier.

Wong Xue Guo's eyebrow subconsciously knitted after seeing what Chen Yibo had eaten and knew it was not the right time to ask him about it.

"The screen was cracked, so your mother had it changed. I forgot to inform you of it, but knowing you would want to get back your phone, I brought it over." As expected of the helpful Chen Yibo, he had even thought of her cell phone.

If this continues, even my poker face would not save me if I accidentally slip out my true feelings for him!

"Thank you." Luckily, Wong Xue Guo has no secrets inside her mobile phone, except for her hobby of reading questionable novels and outrageously clothed characters in card games.

There was the urge to immediately check her phone for any missed calls or messages from her grandmother. But with people around wanting to speak to her, with great control, she placed her phone aside and gave Chin Chun her full attention.

"I have seen Godfather always bring back some snacks whenever he returned home, so I have brought some Acacia's snacks when I come over," Chin Chun said.

Yes, but they were only for my mother and the leftovers are then only graciously given to me.

"Elder brother is indeed thoughtful."

Wong Xue Guo was smiling sweetly, and even calling Chin Chun 'elder brother', but why does Chen Yibo feel that her mood was not as happy as what she portrayed?

"I believe Young Master Yibo had told you that Godfather and Godmother had gone to Zinnia? They would have stayed and waited until you woke up, but the Moretti clan is rather impatient." Chin Chun sounded apologetic and seemingly provided that explanation for her sake.

Since their first interaction, Wong Xue Guo had already felt Chin Chun was acting rather out of character for someone that was supposed to inherit the gang from her father. There was no need for him to flatter her, as she does not have any power over him, other than being his Godfather's biological daughter.

He had not even come over to Marigold to meet her before, so that should be his real opinion on how important she was. So what changed and caused him to build a relationship with her now?

Was it because she had started training herself in guns and sword that he felt his supposed leadership position would fall on her? Instead of feeling threatened and discarding her, he decided to brush up his presence so that she had a good impression of him?

Wong Xue Guo suddenly thought that her ability to create a plausible plotline in a short span of time was getting stronger.

Does exercising cause my brain to work more smoothly, removing the kinks and churning out faster thoughts?

After Chin Chun heard that Chen Yibo had only told her that her parents had flown to Zinnia country without knowing the entire reason, Chin Chun took over the task of explaining.

"Around half a month ago, we received a suspicious email from an anonymous sender. Quite disappointedly, my IT team was unable to track who that person was, but the location showed it was sent from Zinnia."

Wong Xue Guo silently listened to Chin Chun's words and watched the thin file he pulled out from his long coat. To her amazement, the file's outline did not show on his figure-hugging trench coat. That led her to wonder if there were other things inside his coat.

The content of the email was printed out in an eye comfort font, easy to read, but Chin Chun still continued to explain.

"The email revealed two important main points. The first is the source of the gene, which is from the Erigeron area, which we already know since we have first retrieved the gene from there. What the email further divulged is that the mastermind of the gene spreading is also in Erigeron."

Wong Xue Guo blinked in surprise. "Currently?"

"Yes. The sender seems to be very sure the 'Lord' will always stay in Erigeron country. While it is important for us to go check out if this information is real or not, the second point held more priority. That's why Godfather and Godmother rushed to Zinnia country to stop the Moretti clan from launching an attack on Musihada Laboratory."

Fortunately, Charles would check the hard disk twice per day to see if there was any new message from Chin Chun. Once Chin Chun fixed their family communication line, they could finally get into contact. It was only after that did Chin Chun confidently fly to Crocus country without needing to guess where his Godfather would be.

"Elder brother, did the email say how the Moretti family is going to attack us?" Wong Xue Guo finally showed interest in reading the email and leaned closer to the table.

Chin Chun's smile was not exactly a smile. "Other than saying the Moretti clan is allied with the 'Lord'? No. Fortunately, I have some men in Zinnia who are able to verify the truth of this information. From what my people gathered, the Moretti clan got protection from the 'Lord' and no zombies are found wandering in their territory. For now, it is unknown for what reason they suddenly want to launch an attack at a country far from Zinnia, but it's highly suspected the 'Lord' asked them to do so."

From his men's report, the Moretti clan was basically going to take over the entire Zinnia with the help of the ability users working for the 'Lord'. But there were other clans still standing that would not allow the Moretti clan to swallow them up. Their blood feud was too deep to be put down.

The Moretti clan should be busy dealing with other clans, but they still have time eying Musihada Laboratory? How could it not be suspicious?

"Mother does not have a good relationship with the Moretti family and the 'Lord' could have made use of that," Wong Xue Guo guessed.

"Aunt Suzie said that Musihada Laboratory will be targeted in the next two years by the Moretti clan as well. With the lab destroyed and many people died, the survivors had to leave the lab. Aunt Suzie said they escaped to Geum country to meet up with my family members," Chen Yibo said.

The Geum government had a highly facilitate laboratory and still standing with decent defence, so the Chen family built their base there. But they struggled to solidify their defence, as Geum had a large population and in addition to the tourists, there were a lot of zombies there.

Wong Xue Guo silently glanced at Chin Chun, who did not react to Chen Yibo's 'prediction' words. Instead, he seems to think she was waiting for him to continue his explanation.

Could her parents already share that they were time travellers to Chin Chun?

"Xue Guo, Godmother mentioned that you are still deciding whether to undergo the awakening experiment?"

At the change of topic, the puzzled Wong Xue Guo followed the pacing. "Yes."

"Godmother hopes that you will not do it, but I hope you will."

Shadow In Your Mind [ARC 1- 5]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara