Chapter 54 - But the advice came too late

XG 54 - But the advice came too late

At 3 a.m., a laptop suddenly let out a shrill alarm.

The closest to it was Ta Kei, the owner of the device. He immediately woke up from his light nap with a confused expression. Flinging his body out of the couch, he quickly checked his laptop as his sleepiness rapidly disappeared.

The gang members that were on the night patrol naturally knew where the alarm came from and were immediately worried. They send someone to go to Ta Kei to inquire about the problem while the rest continue to guard the villa.

"Motherfucker! There's a report of human rabies detected in the Sea Lake View residence!" Ta Kei yelled as he ran out of his room with his laptop in hand. He had silenced the shrill alarm, replacing it with a soft beeping.

Tonight was Kang Xunsu's turn to patrol inside the villa and was one of the first to encounter Ta Kei. "Report it to the boss. Have everyone tighten the security! Keep your voices down and move as quiet as possible! Keep most of the light off!"

It was understandable why they were alarmed because Sea Lake View residence was the place where they were currently staying. They were truly unlucky!

When Ta Kei reached his boss' room, Charles Wong had also woken up from the alarm and stepped out of his room with his gun. After a brief explanation, he gave his order. "Check where it came from. Notify Madam Lok."

"Tsk, at this time, most people are asleep and not guarding against the danger at all," Hong Yan grouched and rubbed his twitching left eye.

Fully dressed, Lan Yan kicked her younger brother's shin as she passed by. "Go and wear your shirt. Where's young miss?" she asked Kang Xunsu.

"Nana is going to her."

Nana, followed by Smoker, had rushed to Wong Xue Guo's bedroom as soon as they heard the news, but only to find her missing. Feeling her throat stuck with rushing anxiety, Nana immediately looked around the corridor while calling out for Wong Xue Guo.

"Nana? Why are you looking for Xue Guo?" Chen Yibo, who trained himself to sleep lightly these days, had woken up from Nana's voice and opened his door to see what happened. His room was on the second floor, a distance away from Ta Kei's laptop so he had not heard it.

"She's not in her room. There's a zombie attack near our villa," Nana said tensely as she continued looking into each room.

"She's in my room." Chen Yibo opened his door wider, letting Nana see Wong Xue Guo sleeping on the long couch.

Wong Xue Guo had also woken up from the noises and her hand immediately grabbed onto her sword. "What's wrong? Are we under attack?"

Nana gave Chen Yibo a stern look but did not say anything as the time was not right. "Get ready. There's an attack near our villa and might spread to us."

"Do we need to start packing then?" Wong Xue Guo quickly got up from the couch.

"No. Sir had said we would not leave until Madam arrived. We will need to defend this place until then," Smoker answered.

Wong Xue Guo's lips twitched as she thought, 'This is crazy!'

But she does not dare to say anything about her father's decision, because she believes he must have his own plan that will guarantee their safety.

The young duo quickly gets dressed, not that they need to change as they went to sleep without changing into pajamas in case of an emergency such as now.

Rushing to the living room, they arrived just in time to hear Ta Kei's new report.

Ta Kei connected the CCTV video of the street to be streamed onto the wide TV screen in the living room. "The police force is already moving, but they are still quite slow. We might need to prepare for the fight. The first sign of the infected seems to be coming from the Sui family."