Chapter 43 - Destroy it if I could not keep it?

XG 43 - Destroy it if I could not keep it?

The phone laid in Suzie Yap's hands vibrated. After reading the text, her grin became wider and her eyes sparkled like one that had found a great treasure.

"Xunsu, how far to the base?"

"From this traffic, likely thirty minutes or more."

"Hmm..."

Wong Xue Guo glanced at the calm Chen Yibo, who had been told that Suzie Yap had time-travelled before the car trip started. At first, he was resistant to the idea, claiming that there was no technology that could achieve that. So she slapped him with their earlier case of supernatural intruders and forced him to desensitize to the idea.

Side-glancing at the driver, Wong Xue Guo was a little disappointed at Kang Xunsu's lack of response. He does not even question how her mother would know so much.

Drumming his fingers at the steering wheel, Kang Xunsu looked somewhat bored but she knew he was listening. There was no suspicion of Suzie Yap's words that could be detected from him. However, his lack of response would be understandable if he knew about the fortune teller in the first place.

Only important people would know the result of the research and Suzie Yap could use it to cover her future knowledge using it.

"Mother, did you find out who's the mastermind from the intruder?" Wong Xue Guo asked. They were busy moving and immediately hit the road so there was no time for her to ask the question until now.

But seeing her mother's gloomy face, she guessed she got nothing from the intruder's mouth.

Suzie Yap sneered. "Nothing other than childish threats."

That silly boy tried to act as if he knew many important secrets and used them to bargain for his life. When he saw his tricks did not work, he resorted to issuing threats instead, like a tyrant child with the backing of his parent.

But she did get something from his mouth. Was the Lordship he spoke of referred to the fortune teller Master Sheng?

Suzie Yap suddenly told her daughter, "Guo Guo, stay with Yibo, okay? Don't go anywhere alone."

Although this was not the first time her mother said the same thing to her, did her mother just appoint Chen Yibo as her official personal bodyguard? But he was also a noble son, so why not just let the bodyguard do their job?

Did even Kang Xunsu, the leader of the bodyguard team, have done something that dragged down her mother's evaluation of his capability?

The uneasiness that sprouted from her heart from her mother's words had her blurt out, "Mother, you are saying as if you will leave me."

"No, don't think that. Mummy just needs to pick up Mr. Vihaan and Kim Sung-Ho."

"Oh." Wong Xue Guo was less resistant after hearing the familiar names.

"Do they have some trouble getting a ride?" Chen Yibo asked. They could have gotten a taxi to reach their meeting place, so why would Mrs. Wong need to pick them up personally?

"They have gotten into some trouble."

"Are they inside another infected area?" Wong Xue Guo asked anxiously.

"It's the hospital you've shown me earlier. Mr. Vihaan is supposed to pick up his sister and leave. Who would know another infection would start from there?"

"The police say they will be bombing the hospital! Mother, they are truly bad luck to encounter the situation twice, but you have no obligation to go out of your way to save them. They are pitiful, but we also need to survive."