Chapter 146 - Grandmother, you were bitten by a zombie?

XG 146 - Grandmother, you were bitten by a zombie?

She was looking straight into his eyes as she confessed, so she saw how strongly his pupil shook. He was not an utterly dense person so he did not assume her words to be something else other than the intended meaning.

Before he could say anything, she spoke up first. "I'm not expecting a reply. I just want you to know that you could turn a person that dislikes you into someone that loves you. Not family love, not love between friends, but as a person that's interested in you romantically."

So be proud of it.

Standing up, she added another sentence. "Taking booster shots isn't cowardly. This isn't a competition and we are doing it for our survival. Going crazily depressed will help no one. It's just like a mental suicide."

"Xue Guo. I'm sorry."

Even if he did not elaborate, she knew what he was saying.

Her confession was rejected.

She could see from his expression that he was hesitating after hearing the confession. It was not a welcoming hesitation, but one of being troubled by it and unsure what to say without hurting her. Fortunately for them, Chen Yibo chose to be honest and rejected her without dragging it out, or even entertaining the idea to play around with her heart like a scumbag.

"Ask the beta testers of booster shots about their experience. Then consider whether a natural awakening is worth getting this much pain for."

"Xue Guo-"

"Thank you for your honesty. A note of reminder, don't be so nice to me. You have no obligation to do that or even be overly considerate of my feelings. Go eat something. Don't starve yourself for wallowing in something you could not control."

"... I'm sorry."

She was glad he did not persist with the issue and let her go. She had already found it hard to look at him after being rejected and it was already good enough that she could speak what she wanted to say before leaving without embarrassing herself further.

When she stepped out of his room, there was no one in the living room when she had expected at least Chen YiWen to stay behind. But she was grateful for it because she was not in the right state to control her expression well.

This was her first confession and first puppy love, but it was not destined to bloom. Sniffling, she reassured herself that there were plenty of females in this world that had been rejected and able to go on with their lives, finding another man that might be an even better match for them.

She could do so as well.

... As if!

If it was so easy to move on, she would have already demanded her heart to look away from Chen Yibo early on. It does sting her pride for falling in love with someone she does not have a good impression of and in one-sided competition for years.

In these four months, their relationship had gotten quite good that her view towards him changed, which made it easier to see his good sides. Including the fact that Chen Yibo was a guy that many women would want as their significant other.

Hey, that also means my taste is not bad!

Even with parents that have a phobia of expressing their love to their daughter, she still has a healthy amount of self-esteem and confidence. In school, she was one of the good-looking girls with a noticeable number of guys glancing at her more than once when she passed by. She could have gotten her first boyfriend if not because they were not up to her boyfriend's material standard.