Chapter 92 - 'Art' of head-smashing

XG 92 - 'Art' of head-smashing

Wong Xue Guo's pupils dilated, trying to catch a glimpse of it with her subpar night vision as her hand was not moving fast enough to turn the flashlight's direction. Without a chance to try what her sword would hit, Hong Yan had already moved.

His metal baseball bat fiercely strikes the large thing falling in her direction, changing its course. The impact was loud and Wong Xue Guo saw Hong Yan's muscular arm turning a size bigger from the massive use of his strength.

"That isn't an ordinary zombie," Hong Yan warned, feeling pain radiating up his arms. From the impact, he could feel it was human flesh that reminded him of a wrestler with thick muscles.

Whatever thing that was, it was now at the center of attention. With all the flashlights facing it, they could clearly see what 'it' was.

That 'thing' was enormous!

He could be the largest person Wong Xue Guo had ever seen in her entire life. Dressed in hospital clothing, this guy could be a patient before being infected.

"What is that? Korean version of Frankenstein?" Kang Xunsu mumbled.

From Kang Xunsu's prompt, they noticed the clean stitches all over his exposed skin. He did resemble the story of Frankenstein with his body stitches, like a work of patched-up blankets with different cloth mashed together. It was scary and made the person look tougher. Judging from his face, he was a westerner with a bald head that was also decorated with stitches, unknown whether he was a resident or a visitor of this country. His huge build would have one think he was a wrestler or a fan of intense sports.

"It's not friendly guys. This big guy is a messy eater." Vihaan pointed out the big guy's bloody chin. They might have found the culprit of the 'art' of head-smashing people into walls.

"This must be an experiment! We can't let it go!" Beom Seok cursed and started shooting.

All the while they took in the big guy's figure, he was also silently standing still and let them watch him to their fill. Could he think? If so, he had purposely waited until all of them stepped into the dark before hunting them. The big guy was aware of his advantage in the dark!

The big guy let out a growl and used his thick forearm to block the bullets from reaching his weak point, clearly displaying his intelligence.

Wong Xue Guo hoped this big guy was really an experiment because he could block bullets, Hong Yan's heavy hit from his bat could not break anything and he was fast in dodging Vihaan's hands instead of blocking Vihaan's attack with his body.

If zombies could evolve into this strong, humankind will really go into extinction.

As the big boss appeared, all of them worked together to kill him, not thinking about escaping at all. Even Choi Yerim and Jackson contributed to shooting, even if most of them end up in waste with their wrong positioning.

Wong Xue Guo had just thought that the stray bullets might accidentally hit their own ally when one of them let out a cry of pain.

"Shit! Stop shooting like a fool!" Kenny yelled in tears and Beom Seok, being closest to him, immediately pulled him back and pushed him to another member of Team B, Hyunjin.

"Hyunjin, bring Kenny and the researchers to find the research clues! This must definitely be the right place! We will hold it back!" Beom Seok ordered.

It was Kenny's left arm that was shot so he could still run. His expression was bad, filled with anger and discomfort. It was only after Choi Yerim and Jackson apologized did he mostly calm down. He also understands that both of them were trying to help and his injury was an accident.

It was better his arm than his head being shot.

By now, their fighting had created a lot of noise yet there were no zombies running towards them. On this floor, there was only this big guy that would attack them so they could completely focus on killing it.

Surprisingly, the big guy did not pay attention to the group of four that went away. Instead, he only liked to attack Vihaan and only reluctantly paid attention to others when they aimed for his vital points.

Wong Xue Guo assumes it was because he could sense Vihaan being the strongest in the group and wanted to eliminate him first. But after the fight went on, Wong Xue Guo noticed something was weird.

It was unknown how many times Chen Yibo and Hong Yan had blocked the attack coming her way... when she had not yet attacked the big guy! Did the big guy have resentment towards females?!

She took it as a form of challenge and increased her determination to land more blows on him.

"Xue Guo, be careful. When there are weird jerks, that's when he will attack you," Chen Yibo told her and also alerted others."

"Dang, you noticed that pattern fast." Kang Xunsu laughed bitterly and took cover to reload his gun.

With the torchlight only facing the big guy and not the floor, she suddenly stepped onto an uneven surface and nearly twisted her ankle to stop herself from falling. As what got her tripped on was strange, she flashed the light over it and saw a palm-sized hole, likely to be the work of Vihaan when he used his ability but the big guy dodged it.

Her own ally planted traps accidentally, it was too ridiculous even when hearing it!

Chen Yibo hauled her up and pulled her in a direction, likely away from the big guy's attack, and neatly skipped the holes on the floor. "We need to restrain his movement."

"No one dares to get close to his teeth, okay?" Kang Xunsu scolded and sent another batch of bullets into the big guy's forearm.

"It's impossible how our attacks did not weaken him!" Beom Seok sounded frustrated.

"His wound is healing," Vihaan informed the bad news with his better eyesight. "I remember a cut on his cheek and it's now missing from his face."

"... Fuck! He could heal?!" Kang Xunsu cursed with great feeling. It echoed everyone's feelings, because what was the use of fighting if the enemy kept on regaining HP?

It was already a miracle that everyone still had their limb intact and no one died. It was really thanks to Vihaan's sacrifice in getting all the big guy's attention. But they could not just let Vihaan continue protecting their ass.

Just how long do they need to continue this?

"I got a hand bomb," Chen Yibo said. No one asked why the youngest would have a hand bomb with him.

"I'm not stuffing my hand into its mouth!" Someone in Team B yelled.

Vihaan gritted his teeth. "I will do it!"

He could still remember the pain and horror from being bitten by numerous zombies. It formed trauma that showed itself every night in his dreams, replaying his experience until he woke up from the dream. He had never gotten bitten again after awakening his gene and he was told even if he got bitten again, he would just get terribly sick for a few days.

"Tsk, just chopping off his legs will stop him," Hong Yan said. "Young miss, can I borrow your sword?"

"Take mine," Chen Yibo offered instead. He could still use his gun, where Wong Xue Guo had slacked in her gun training and would perform badly with it.

Kang Xunsu knew Hong Yan had insane strength and one swing of his bat would definitely break someone's bone. But he had been dealing blows after blows at the big guy but nothing big happened to it.

"You sure can do it?" Kang Xunsu asked dubiously.

"Hey, I'm a swordsman first before a beater!"

"Then show it!" Kang Xunsu taunted and got face slapped when Hong Yan charged straight, did a floor sliding move, and used all his strength to cut off one of the big guy's legs.