Chapter 176 - Appreciating you feel like I've cheated on him

A/N: This is friday's update! Sorry for being late! Been a bit busy >.<

XG 176 - Appreciating you feel like I've cheated on him

"You are here because I want to have a look at you, who inherited my genes."

"Every person that has that gene is under that category."

"Those are mutated."

"And mine doesn't?" Wong Xue Guo asked when the man once again remained unhelpful in explaining things.

"When it comes to you, you followed me, the original." The man stood up and the tiger shadow went to his side.

"The 'Lord' doesn't follow your genes?"

"Not quite. To my surprise, only you inherited my genes almost perfectly. Like a daughter from her father."

"What a coincidence." That does explain why her shadow was the same as his shadow. And from his words, the 'Lord' does not have this shadow ability. Then it was just pure power that allow him to overpower her possession?

"That human's name is Zene, and the power I've bestowed him is immortality. Among those that inherited my gene, only you could stop his foolishness."

Oh? Why is he suddenly giving out information without being prompted? It was also rather puzzling that he was much friendlier compared to a second ago.

"Why did you not stop him if you agree that his actions are foolish?"

"I can't."

"Why?"

"Demons are not allowed to step onto the human realm. This matter can only be solved by humans themselves."

"You are a demon...?" Pieces of clues finally fit in Wong Xue Guo's mind. That explained the underlying sense of disobedience around this place. After being chased by zombies and seeing humans with supernatural powers, the existence of demons was not overly hard to accept.

"Surprised?"

"Is there a reason for you to appear harmless before me?" A demon that wears white and standing at a blinding virtuous-themed place was rather contradicting to the tales of demons she had heard since childhood.

Possibly to get her to drop her guard and get brownie points from her?

"I have no intention to harm you." The man showed a disarming smile that surprisingly moved her heart.

Until now, she was rather proud of herself for not being easily swayed by good-looking people, and the only person that ever get her romantically interested was Chen Yibo.

Oh, is her heart cleaning out Chen Yibo's spot for another man?

... Hold on.

This face...!

It was the bloody maxed-out beauty points Chen Yibo!

As this demon never smiled until just now and had a dominating aura, it took her way too long to match it to the good-natured Chen Yibo!

"Why do you not use your real face when talking to me?" Wong Xue Guo asked accusingly.

All the while they spoke, he would accidentally reveal more of his skin, thanks to his thin clothing that bared his muscular arms, chest and legs. The view was not bad per se, but it constantly broke her concentration because of who he resembled.

"Are you not pleased with this appearance?"

"I do, but I prefer the real person you borrowed the face from. Appreciating you feels like I've cheated on him." Even if they were not even a couple, her heart already belonged to him. It also made her feel better that her reputation as a firm-hearted gal loyal to one man had remained intact.