Chapter 100 - She was becoming a two-faced bitch

A/N: This chapter is quite dry, but we need to lay some foundation to solve the big problem!

XG 100 - She was becoming a two-faced bitch

The backup team successfully finished the controller without big injuries. The enemies seemed to be toppled down so easily, if Wong Xue Guo had not seen the dead bodies struggling to move.

As soon as they saw that, they hurriedly dissolved all the bodies before the controller could use them again.

The entire west building of the hospital was completely empty of zombies, courtesy of big guy Frankenstein's diet. Thus, they easily grabbed everything and anything as long as they had enough storage space.

Beom Seok carried Changbin's dead body on his back and Wong Xue Guo’s thought was rather morbid as she fearfully imagined that the dead body might suddenly move and bite down onto Beom Seok's neck.

Thus, she earned a worried look from Chen Yibo when she constantly glanced at Beom Seok's back.

They had also secured a dead body for their researcher, including the big guy. As for the controller, Charles Wong firmly insisted on destroying their body and Jackson's suggestion to take the twins back was rejected.

When they were moving things into their cars, they spotted some figures staring at them behind the window at another side of the hospital building.

"Are they zombies?" Wong Xue Guo squinted her eyes. The sudden change from darkness to brightness stings her eyes.

"They are likely survivors," Chen Yibo guessed, as they were not banging on the window like enthusiastic zombies upon seeing fresh meat.

"Ignore them and continue moving!" Kang Xunsu yelled at the kids when they stopped moving their hands.

Their ride back to their base was a more relaxing one. She distracted herself from the aches, stings, and pain throbbing all over her body by looking out of the window. Sleepiness does want to pay a visit, but she blocked it from entering as her mind refused to stop thinking about what happened in the hospital.

Perhaps they had killed a lot of zombies lately, as they could see more survivors coming out to ransack things. Some even rebuilt the place and cleaned it up to be more habitable.

The survivor's eyes were guarded as they watched the cars driving away and made no move to stop them. They were able to survive not only because they were lucky and strong, but also smart enough to know that those people with cars and guns should not be messed with. There were some that bravely asked if they could follow them back to their base, but all of them were rejected.

Their refusal had most of them stay away, but some stubbornly followed behind their cars to follow them back to their base. In the end, they were still driven away from the laboratory. Knowing their refusal would create trouble if a large group of survivors started knocking the door, Musihada Laboratory allowed them to stay with the other survivors living in the tent on their land.

At least they were protected by the electric fence, even if they had to be exposed to nature.

The drastically reduced amount of zombies had actually helped Musihada Laboratory. They had long sensed dissatisfaction from the survivors living on their land as winter became even harsher and would likely cause a riot if the outside's situation had not become better.

After all, there were many people who originally thought that Musihada Laboratory was the one that started the rabies outbreak. Thanks to Ta Kei, they released the video of the woman in the hospital running away after being bitten by an experimented patient to the survivors living outside their laboratory.