Chapter 22 - Thick-faced to beg for a ride

XG 22 - Thick-faced to beg for a ride

Mr Kwan then introduced Vihaan to the man with him. "Mr Ember, this is Mr Kumar, one of the mall's floor managers. Mr Kumar, this is Mr Ember, one of our top shareholders."

From the polite attitude Mr Kwan had shown towards Mr Ember, it was clear that the CFO was the one that brought the shareholder here, in exchange for getting a free ride out. This attitude was also to ensure he will have a smoother path in rising his position in the future if he manages to gain a good impression from Mr Ember.

Not everyone thinks that this infectious disease would bring severe and permanent damage to society. They believe that the government would solve the problem sooner or later, along with the introduction of the cure.

Everyone's life will continue.

But among them, only Suzie Yap knew with confidence that everyone's lives would change, for the better or worse. She knew that there were groups of people that preferred doomsday and acted like kings. Regardless of whether they like it or not, adaptability is important to keep yourself sane in this new era.

Chen Yibo walked around the rooftop and Wong Xue Guo followed, noticing there was a spot designed for the helicopter to land.

She approached the edge of the building and carefully eyed down, as she was afraid of zombies able to climb up and reach the rooftop. She does not know if those inside the mall will be able to hear the sound of the helicopter once it arrives.

When that time comes, both survivors and zombies will rush here if the sound filtering was weak.

The height and the dark sky made it hard for Wong Xue Guo to look down clearly, but the police lights on the car were clearly visible, along with their loud siren. It was a miracle that no zombies had charged out from the building from the sound alone.

"They had sealed the place." Chen Yibo had seen the yellow tape circling around the building area.

By now, it was clear the only way to leave this building without restriction was the helicopter. So how would her mother bring them out of here without taking that mode of transportation?

Worried, Wong Xue Guo walked around the rooftop, collecting sharp weapons here and there, before encountering a large machine that looked out of place.

Chen Yibo, who was following Wong Xue Guo immediately recognized it. "That is a carriage!" He hurried to the edge of the rooftop with wires connected to the machine and confirmed it was the elevator usually used by the workers to do window cleaning.

Wong Xue Guo was not familiar with this device and asked Chen Yibo a question that matters the most. "Can this be used to get us to the bottom?"

"Yes, if our weight does not exceed the capacity." Even if it sounded greedy, Chen Yibo hoped they could all go down in just one trip.

Both of them hurried back to the group to share the good news. Wong Xue Guo immediately tugged her mother's arm for her attention and whispered what she found.

Suzie Yap smiled fondly at her daughter and caressed her head. "Baby, you have done well. If you have not found it, we will have to jump down from the roof." At her daughter's blank stare, Suzie Yap elaborated, "Just like how the rock climber does."

Wong Xue Guo's mind screamed, 'It's different!!!' Σ(°△°|||)︴

"I had heard your conversation, which is the reason why I would come here," Vihaan confessed to the two men.

"I do not mind bringing all of you along," Mr Ember kindly offered, smiling generously.

Mr Kwan frowned. "You are as kind as ever, Mr Ember. However, Mr Kumar, the helicopter has limited space."