Chapter 38 - What a cold-hearted family

XG 38 - What a cold-hearted family

They only grabbed some lighter weighted weapons and moved on to the second floor that had signs of fighting. The fight had already ended and everyone seemingly had gathered on the first floor.

With wide eyes as she took in the sight of the very damaged first floor, she noted that there was not even one cushion that survived the attack. There was even blood splatter on some surfaces, but they were very much lesser than what she had seen in the mall.

She was not in a happy mood to see her home being wrecked.

"Ahaha... this, we will definitely fix it all before we return..." A tall man with large ears and wide eyes laughed guiltily when he saw Wong Xue Guo's frown. He, with the codename 'Monkey', was one of those people that fought without caring for their surroundings.

"No need for that. Madam is the one that broke most of it anyway." Walking towards them was Kang Xunsu, with a nice purple colour bruise on his chin.

"Yeah, Madam chopped nearly everything with her axe." In awe, Monkey recalled his employer waving the axe she had gotten somewhere with more enthusiasm than necessary.

Wong Xue Guo eyed the destroyed living room speechlessly. To destroy your own home first before the zombie infection spreads over here?

Oh, that thought did ease some pain over knowing that they would need to abandon their house. There might be some people in future who would use their house as their temporary hiding place, and the idea of it did flare up a tiny frustration in her.

"Xunsu," Chen Yibo called. "There's no sign of that escaped person. But another intruder had slipped into where Xue Guo had hidden."

"There's more?" Kang Xunsu's eyes narrowed dangerously when he saw the bruise around Wong Xue Guo's neck. "So it's you that used the gun?"

As Chen Yibo nodded, Wong Xue Guo offered a smile to calm down the angry brother tiger over the injured cub. She held up a piece of paper. [Where's the wall crosser?]

Kang Xunsu immediately understood who this 'wall crosser' the princess was talking about.

"It's your mother that successfully caught that slippery guy." Kang Xunsu tsk-ed. "Why do all these years of being a housewife make her even scarier than her wild, unmarried days?"

Suzie Yap's senses were so terrifyingly sharp. She had chased after the slippery guy and grabbed him after a round of chasing with her accurate prediction. The intruder was immediately killed by her before he could do his trick to escape.

The bodyguards: Are we here just to make the place merrier?

There were a total of seven intruders, and six of them were dead. The remaining one has the ability to sense people, which was useless when it comes to battle. He was found hiding right outside the backdoor, using communication devices to inform his teammates of his findings.

He was the lucky one left behind to have a heart-to-heart 'talk' with Suzie Yap inside a room while the bodyguards were left to handle the bloody aftermath.

Wong Xue Guo's eyes shook when she saw the body of Aunty Cheung laid on the kitchen floor, with her blood seeping out of the large hole on her chest. She could see the floor tiles from the hole!

Covering her mouth from the nauseous sight, she could not move her eyes away from the gruesome scene.

The intruders were decisive and attacked first without warning. Aunty Cheung was one of the first that died under their sudden attack.

"Aunty Cheung's daughter..." Someone sighed, lamenting the newly orphaned young woman.

Aunty Cheung had lost her husband to illness many years ago and became a single parent to take care of her daughter.

"Young miss, you should not be seeing this." Monkey wanted to pull the pale-faced Wong Xue Guo out, not wanting her to see Aunty Cheung's corpse. Captain Kang had also passed the order to prevent their young miss from entering, so what were the guards doing!

From Monkey's voice, she moved her gaze away from the body and noticed he was glaring at the small group of bodyguards hovering around outside the kitchen. She recognized them as the new batch of guards that were sent by the security team that just joined them recently.

Suzie Yap had told them not to bother cleaning and continue packing, but those instructions chilled the new bodyguards' hearts. After all, it was their colleagues that died and they could not just leave their bodies around.

Only Kang Xunsu and L.L had seen the zombies with their own eyes while others were half ignorant that the doomsday was already beginning. They know they do not have much time to prepare for their safety, much less doing formalities in respecting the dead.

However, Kang Xunsu still told them to bury the dead bodies in the backyard if they wanted to, but his careless suggestion upset the others.

"We should call their family and let them take their bodies," said one of the newly joined guards with youthful looks.

"If that's what you want, do it. But no outsiders are allowed in. As for others that choose to come along with Madam, speed up the packing," Kang Xunsu ordered.

This place was no longer safe. Who knows if there were more enemies jumping out at them?

The new bodyguards' annoyance for being treated with disrespect had them purposely let the young girl see Aunty Cheung's corpse, taking some satisfaction in rattling the heartless woman's daughter.

Much to Monkey's relief, Wong Xue Guo walked away, but to Jay, one of the newly joined bodyguards, her action was the same as her callous mother. Other than the shock and pale face, there was no other reaction when she saw the dead housekeeper that had worked for the family for more than ten years.

"What a cold-hearted family," Jay could not resist saying, not hiding his disdain. The reason he became a bodyguard was to protect people, but do people like Wong Xue Guo and Suzie Yap deserve it?

"Please do not judge them without knowing their thoughts on this matter," Chen Yibo refuted calmly, but his eyes were filled with defensiveness. "Just because they did not reveal their sadness before you did not mean they did not feel so."

A senior bodyguard was sensitive to the change in the situation and immediately came over. "Stop dillydallying and do what needs to be done. If you don't want to stay, leave quickly and don't block others' way. Madam had already approved all resignations."

"Can I follow Madam?" A guard with large eyes and curly hair asked. "I didn't dare to ask Madam before, but I don't have anywhere to go."

"Noodle, you know we will be fighting against those zombies actively if you follow Madam. Not afraid?" Mocking, the senior bodyguard asked teasingly.

"I think I will be more afraid of being with civilians that would bring me down with them," Noodle answered honestly. "You are also following Madam anyway!"

"Ahahaha!" Mocking laughter told them he thought the same too.

Kang Xunsu let the other experienced colleague handle things for him so that he could visit the little princess in her bedroom. He was familiar with the way, as he was her partner in crime when it came to delivering anime merchandise for her.

The door was not locked, but Kang Xunsu will not just enter without permission. After knocking, Wong Xue Guo's hoarse voice came from the room. "It's unlocked."

"Hey, princess." Kang Xunsu's tone was much softer, especially after he saw the hunched back facing him, giving him the impression of a kid trying to act strong. "You shouldn't go around without a bodyguard."