Chapter 116 - Lamb waiting to get slaughtered

XG 116 - Lamb waiting to get slaughtered

"Woojin!" The anxious Teacher Jang rushed over and hugged Woojin tightly without being stopped by any church members. "Don't do such dangerous things! You will worry me to death!"

"I should be saying that. You should have followed me just now," Woojin rebuked.

"Fuck, that teacher could not have thought that Woojin is innocent right?" Beom Seok asked, flasbaggered.

"Or Teacher Jang had always been at Woojin's side, and the church's side from the beginning," Wong Xue Guo carelessly tossed another speculation and rushed to the unwilling sacrifices.

The cult members were truly an unorganized group because they actually did not leave some people behind to guard the sacrifices. Or should she praise Beom Seok and herself for being tough opponents for them?

She had just cut off a victim's rope when Kang Xunsu and the rest arrived.

The church members grew even more disorganized when some moved to stop the new arrivals, some standing still in shock, while some moved to stop Wong Xue Guo. L.L. had given up his sniper position to join the fight. Even if his strength was sniper, he was almost as good as Kang Xunsu in close combat.

Beom Seok took the opportunity that no one guarded him and aimed at Woojin, only to be stopped by his ability. Woojin, who finally remembered he still had his ability, directed them at Kang Xunsu and the rest. He had used his ability more than he had ever done before, and blood started to flow down from his nose.

"Woojin!" Teacher Jang was scared silly seeing the nosebleed, his hands hovering in the air, not knowing what to do.

"I'm fine. Stay close to me!"

Luckily for Wong Xue Guo, one of the victims had loosened the rope and took that opportunity to break free, along with his fellow hostage friend. The freed hostage immediately removed the tape covering his mouth and yelled, "To break out of his power, you must feel pain and a strong desire to be free! Or else, only pain will be useless!"

'Who would be so sick to harm themselves?' Wong Xue Guo thought so, but surprisingly, Beom Seok was the first to do that.

Beom Seok had experienced Woojin's ability once and certainly does not want to get that 'lamb waiting to get slaughtered' state anymore. Thus, he did not mind leaving a long slash on the back of his arm to keep himself awake.

Kang Xunsu and L.L. had experienced war before and had learned to adapt to their nightmares after retirement. But after years of 'peace', it strongly affected their mind when the familiar fear came back like an angry wave that froze their movement. Fear was not something they could be prepared for, especially when it was manipulated by ability.

Even so, Kang Xunsu and L.L. could still move to defend themselves if attacked, making the church members harder to get to them.

Wong Xue Guo had finished untying the second last hostage and told them to run, but their movements grabbed Woojin's attention. He showed his impressive use of his ability in a wide range and crippled the already terrified sacrifices.

"Get out of here and you will be fine!" Wong Xue Guo yelled at them.

The hostages could still feel the pain from their injuries, but it failed to protect them from Woojin's ability. Their mental state was badly tormented by the church members and left a big hole in their mentality that allowed Woojin's ability to easily cripple them. The torture must be terrible for it to kill their desire to escape. Only the man that cut his own rope with a hidden blade showed resistance towards Woojin's ability and tried to help the other victims.

It would not do for them to drag the victims out, for their rough movement would do more harm to their injuries. No other choice, Wong Xue Guo pulled out her gun and shot at Woojin.

Teacher Jang was very alert to any dangers towards Woojin and happened to catch sight of her pointing a gun at Woojin. "Be careful!" His verbal warning was slow, but he was quick to move his body to shield Woojin.

Surprised at Teacher Jang's rough tackle, Woojin turned his head back to look at what was going on and his movement had the bullet pierce his right ear instead of a more vital spot.

"Arghh!" Woojin's hand hovered over his injured ear as he went down his knee with Teacher Jang's body leaning over him. When he noticed Teacher Jang's weight had completely rested on him without any sign of moving away, Woojin's gut told him something was wrong. "Teacher?"

Temporarily ignoring the pain from his ear, Woojin grabbed Teacher Jang, who slid down when there was nothing holding him up. Teacher Jang was wearing a light brown cardigan, and the darker patch could be easily seen when the cloth absorbed the blood. The ugly spot grew just as the buzzing in his ears became louder.

Woojin's currently defenceless state was perfect, releasing everyone from the crippling fear and being a great shooting target. But Wong Xue Guo failed to secure the target when a large body mass jumped right onto her. An overweight woman wearing a white robe that was wrapped tightly around her form fiercely smacked the gun in Wong Xue Guo's hand away.

The overweight woman was surprisingly able to move fast for her body mass, which Wong Xue Guo failed to counter, and thus proceeded to be kicked on her stomach. Landing on her back, she failed to get up when something heavy pressed onto her.

This was the first time Wong Xue Guo had someone sitting on her stomach, pressing her down with her weight alone. Not only that, this woman's weight nearly had her breakfast come right back up.

Without her gun and unable to reach for her sword, she could only resort to her fist, but to her worse luck, the woman straddling her was rather good at being an immovable punching bag. Not only that, but she also packed quite some strength when she rained down punches onto the helpless Wong Xue Guo. Even if Xue Guo had trained her muscles to be stronger than before, she still had a hard time dealing with this surprisingly strong woman.

Not even her legs and hips could dislodge the heavy woman from her, and just when Wong Xue Guo was about to consider stabbing her fingers into her eyeballs, something distracted her plan.

"Run! There's fire!" Seonmi yelled loudly as she raced down the stairs, with thick smoke following right behind her. Heading straight to her kidnapped friends, she urged them to stand up and run.

"Still fighting? Any longer we stay here, we will be burned alive. Including your 'Nanse' too. Look, he's still shocked silly," Wong Xue Guo taunted, which looked rather silly and unthreatening with her bruised face. Actually, her current position does not allow her to see what happened to Woojin, but if this little white lie could distract this woman, it would be great!

Weirdly, the woman showed no ounce of care towards the danger or Nanse and focused only on overpowering Wong Xue Guo. While it was flattering to be viewed as important in this woman's eyes, she rather had her run for her life!

Wong Xue Guo quickly smacked away the hands that tried to wrap around her neck. Knowing that she could only stop the hands from reaching her neck a few times, she had to do something. In retaliation, she punched the woman's heart, not that her fist could pass the thick flesh to reach it. Not only did it fail to make the woman back up, it also made the woman incensed.

"You are just a tiny ant!" The woman's meaty thighs tighten up around Wong Xue Guo's waist, squeezing like an unyielding corset.

"Ah!" Wong Xue Guo cried out from the pain and suffocation at the same time when a wooden pillar from the roof fell dangerously close to them.

The fire had spread so quickly that it made one wonder how many matches Seonmi had lit up. 

You can support me by being a patron or donating thru Paypal or kofi!