Some people never change

~Chapter 115~
SOME PEOPLE NEVER CHANGE

Chases POV:
I arrived to english class and when I got in I saw Justin. I walked over to him and sat down next to him, he looked confused.

Chase: "I need your help"

Sometimes justin is not the worst person in the world, so I have little hope he will say yes to this. I really just hope he says yes

Justin: "why would I help you"
Chase: "because you're the only one that can."

trust me if someone else could help, I'd ask them. I'd ask anyone else. But I don't really have a choice right now.

Chase: "when you saw Sarah and I in the closet, you knew she was raping me right."

It must have been pretty obvious.

He said nothing

He knew she was, he just used it as an excuse to get with Charli

I wonder why he never told Charli

Chase: "I need you to tell someone because no one believes me... If you tell someone, then maybe someone would believe me."

He laughed and shook his head

Chase: "what why??"
Justin: "there's no way I'm doing you any favours! Plus I don't even believe you. You're just lying because you need an excuse for cheating"

He knows that's not true?!

Chase: "can you tell me why I'd ever cheat on Charli? Please. Give me one reason. You know I've been in love with her my whole life. Why in the world would I give that up for Sarah? I'm not dumb? I was raped and you know it."

He rolled his eyes and laughed again

What is funny about this?

Chase: "if you truly believed I cheated then why didn't you tell Charli?"

He knew I didn't cheat. And for once in his life, he did the right thing and he didn't tell her a lie that he made up. He felt bad for me so he didn't ruin the only thing I had left.

Justin: "I didn't tell Charli because I don't want her anymore."
Chase: "so? You'd do anything to ruin our relationship even if you don't want her anymore."

Is he really that bad of a person that he's just not gonna do anything? I'm not even asking for much. All I'm asking for is for him to tell someone what he saw.

Chase: "you were my best friend, you know? We used to be best friends, who have you become?"
Justin: "yeah, we used to be. You ruined that for a girl"

I shook my head

Chase: "no you ruined it. You changed. You went from being a good person, to an abuser, and now to a guy who won't stand up for someone who's been raped? It's not too late to change."

He can't change the past but he can change the future. He doesn't always have to be this person? He could be good, he just needs to try.

Sarah: "could you move chase?"

What is she doing here?

I turned around and got out of the seat
I looked at Justin

Chase: "you're choice."

Sarah sat in the seat I was in and Justin kissed her

Justin: "hey, babe"

Of course. Of course he's dating her?? Of course he is the kind of person to date a rapist?? Why does he even want to be with her?!